Does myphone require 3cx phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by djenkins, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djenkins

hi there,
    sorry for the newbie question but I have looked high and low for an answer. I installed the 3cx server call centre edition for our company, generally all going ok, some choppy calls etc, anyway, I installed myphone for our group, but, it seems we also have to keep the 3cx phone running as well as the myphone, is this right? if we do not run the 3cxphone myphone does not register as an extension, i can see myphone communicates with the server because if i change status it updates on the server but it never registers, but, if i run 3cxphone then that registers.

our server is on a private IP and the router routes to this, everything works, but, having the two clients running just seems odd, also, if you set yourself away on one it does not update the other and calls still come through even if you are set as away on myphone until you set yourself away on the 3cxphone.

Is this normal or is there something i have done wrong or a bug having to run the two clients?

thanks in advance
    Darren

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Sorry,

probably I didn't understood all your issues, but in general you may run the 3cx softphone or any other hardware SIP phone without being necessary to run at all MyPhone. MyPhone is an useful and powerful utility, which is an independent option. Some functionalities are available only through MyPhone. MyPhone is always associated with some extension (user), not necessary with 3cx softphone running on the same or another PC.

What you mean by 2 clients ? How do you set them ? You may have unlimited number of clients.

Setting status to 'away' will not stop phone ringing. It only changes the way call is handled if extension is not answering or nor registered. You need to change this settings.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. djenkins

hi
    thanks for your reply, i read the manual again and I see that you need a client like 3cx phone running and myphone is just an extra tool, it was just confusion as it seemed that the myphone app allowed you to make calls, pick up calls etc etc, but, it just seemed to replicate what the 3cxphone client offered, so it seemed strange to have to run both, but, i see reading the manual again that myphone always requires a propery phone (softphone or sip phone)

thanks again
    D

4. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

With SP3 V10 you can integrate 3CX Phone for Windows with MyPhone and answer calls, record calls, etc. from MyPhone without using the phone at all. Makes call handling easier then using two interfaces.

Thanks,
    Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.