Does not register with Callcentric

Discussion in 'Windows' started by shumisha, Apr 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shumisha

Hello,

I have trouble getting latest 3CX softphone (windows 7 64), ver. 5.0.14900.0, registering with my callcentric account.
    On the same machine, I have no problem using Zoiper and Phoner, ie was able to place calls, receive inbound call and leave a voice mail - so everything is working as it should, except when using the 3CX phone. With 3CX, the softphone never register with callcentric. I think this rules out firewall, router and other usual issues.

The debug window didn't bring information I can use, only that it was "Attempting to register"

I can also register with, and use normally, another account I have with IPComms, so there is something special with 3CX together with callcentric.

Callcentric requires NOT to use STUN server. One thing I noticed is that there doesn't seem to be any way to disable STUN on 3CX phone config. If I clear the STUN server input field in the account advanced config, it comes back with its default value when I save settings.

One way or the other, 3CX phone cannot register at all. Have you any advice/info? is there a way to disable STUN server alltogether for a specific account?

Thanks and regards

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Personally, I never tried a Callcentric account, so I cannot help you here.
    However, the simplest way to disable STUN service for a 3CXPhone account is to use "in the office" field, instead "out of the office" one - the difference between these two is exactly the STUN service.
    Hope it helps
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shumisha

Hi
    Thanks very much for the suggestion, it's good to know. It didn't help unfortunately, phone still does not register, even after restarting the program. I think I'll just use Zoiper.

Regards

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hmm, weird :roll:

Look what I found on Callcentric's website (I'm not at work right now to ask):
    http://www.callcentric.com/support/device/3cx/softphone
    Is this configuration you tried and not working?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. shumisha

Yes, this is where I started. I also opened a support ticket with callcentric, uploaded snapshots of my 3CX various config screens for them to review (very quick support BTW). They couldn't see anything wrong with the setup.

Currently zoiper fits the bill for me. I assume callcentric and 3CX people will want to see this through though.

Rgds

6. Pinto9

7. shumisha

HI

I have the exact same setup, but doesn't work for me.

What exact versions are u using for:

- windows? I'm on win 7 64 pro
    - 3CX phone?

Rgds

8. Pinto9

My OS is Win 7 SP1 64 bit pro (same as you!)
    3CX phone is version 5.0.14900.0

Odd that it doesn't work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.