Does the 3CX software support Q.sig?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dtp1, Jan 31, 2008.

1. dtp1

I want to add this to my existing hardware VOIP PBX (this would be a second PBX in our environment). However, the two PBX's would need to communicate with each other. I find no mention of Q.sig in the documents.
    Thanks.

2. alicic

alicic New Member

It does not support Qsig, that is for sure, but you can connectit to your PBX in following manner. Get Analog VOIP Gateway with 4 or 8 FXO ports. Configure 3cx to connect to this gateway using SIP and then since you have 4 FXO port connect them to your PBX ports and ypu will have both system working fine. You will be able to place calls between extensions of different systems.

Hope this will be helpful,

regards,

3. dtp1

Thanks alicic. That was most helpful.
    I have a follow up question -
    With the setup described, I would use 4 analog ports off the hardware-PBX (HPBX) to the Gateway. I quess that I would assign those ports extensions (e.g. 4000, 4001, 4002, 4003). Would those 4 extensions be the only 4 that could be used on the 3CX, or would those end up being the 'trunks' connecting the HPBX and 3CX? Limiting me to 4 concurrent connections between the HPBX and 3CX, but unlimited extensions registered to the 3CX.
    Or do I misunderstand?
    Thanks again.

4. asfuture

asfuture New Member

which H PBX do tou have?? isn.t possible to use sip??? without any analogue cards??? if you want to use Q sig why don't try you with an BRI (PRI) gateway?? i'm trying with a HiPath from Siemens (the sip story) and i think that it will work.

5. alicic

alicic New Member

Hallo Dtp1,

The extenssions you described would only be connected to Gateway and you would have unlimuted number of extensions connected in 3cx phone system. You would only be limited for 4 concurent calls at the same time from PBX extensions to 3cx extensions.

If your PBX has BRI port than you can olso use BRI Gateway and connect it to PBX, or if you have PRI port then use PRI Gateway, but they are more expensive. The solution would be 4-8 Port FXO Gateway or BRI Gateway,

regards,