Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Domain name versus IP address on external PBX address

Discussion in 'Android' started by ddywz, Aug 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddywz

I have a domain name I use to connect externally on my LAN server. When I use the domain name on "External PBX address" phone registers fine and says "On Hook" but when I dial an extension I get "Call failed, forbiden" Does this setting accept DNS name or is designed only for IP addresses? Is there a way to use DNS name instead of IP addresses? I don't have a static external IP that's why I'd like to use the domain name if I can. Is this supported?

Thanks,

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You problem is that you haven't yet told 3CX what it's Domain Name is, so it does not recognize a call, to the name, as being valid.

You need to put it in to :

Settings/Advanced/Settings for Direct SIP calls/Local SIP Domain

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Indeed, had a "duh" moment when I set up a config on Amazon Web Services and one of my domains for the SIP host.

4. ddywz

Thanks! All is working fine now using DNS names after I visited those settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.