Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dont install polycom firmware 4.0.5.4853

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by netswork, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netswork

netswork Active Member

I would not recommend installing 4.0.5.4853 labeled 4.0.5c on the polycom site. Having issues at two locations. Currently downgrading to 4.0.5.4233 labeled 4.0.5 on the polycom site. Phones are locking up, going unregistered or getting fast busy when trying to dial out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. netswork

netswork Active Member

appears others are having trouble as well in the polycom forums.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Not having any issue with that. We have a call center on it.

4. netswork

netswork Active Member

Interesting. I have two seperate installs where 550s and 650s have started locking up or getting fast busy. Reboot them and they work for a little while.

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

Sigma1,

Are you using shared park BLF's or BLF's at all? i downgraded to 4.0.3 which resolved my issues. One of the 650's would not work with a new plantronics headset. Polycom support had us upgrade to 4.0.6, same issue. The phone stops working after a while...you can dial numbers but nothing happens and you cant receive calls. Downgrade to 4.0.3 and the problem goes away but the headset doesn't work.

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

I have found a few others having this same trouble with 3cx and with asterisk. Seems there is some sort of memory leak bug in the new firmware when using BLF's on the phones. If you remove BLF's the problem goes away...So far its not resolved because the new 4.0.6 firmware has the same issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.