Dont know how to configure firewall

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by patrickrivard, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

We have added a VOIP line and it appears as "Registered" (Green) but we cannot make any calls through it...
    When we do the "Firewall Test" it fails everytime with error 4 and 10.
    We have talked to a 3CX reseller in our area but they can't figure out what' wrong...
    We have followed all the Port Mapping instruction in the Manual, and read all we could find on the subject but with no Luck.
    If anyone can help we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. nitup

Re: Call on VOIP does not work

You would be more lucky if provide at least model of router, brief description of network topology, provider name, etc. Logs also could be helpful.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

If the firewall check fails your firewall is not correctly configured. You will have to do that first.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Have a look at this page (http://www.3cx.com/support/firewal-checker.html), it describes the errors reported by the firewall checker.

When testing different routers, one of them (a D-Link one) and a firewall/router on a computer (pfSense v1.2) gave me an error 10 in the firewall checker. This is because the firewall is in symmetric NAT mode, you need to have static NAT mappings. In the D-Link I had, I needed to enable gaming mode to correct this. With pfSense, I needed to create a rule and put the static mapping on.

If you are currently in symmetric NAT, your router probably has an option for changing this.

Can you provide the informations requested by "nitup"? They will help us helping you out!

5. thomasz

I had the same problem, but I'm not sure how I have solved the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.