Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Don't Use Duofax at duofax.com

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by technigogo, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. technigogo

I found the blog by Nick Galea at https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/outbound-fax-service/. At the bottom, it suggests Duofax as a fax alternative. I was looking for a solution for my 3CX phone customers so I signed up for a "RISK FREE 30-DAY TRIAL". Here is a copy of the email I just sent that will lay out the details.

Petr,

I stand by my assessment that your website verbiage is deceptive. Your fax service works okay but your billing and account management is an afterthought and not a priority. It feels like a mugging. I am copying this correspondence to 3CX and recommend they remove your site as a fax alternative. Additionally, I have filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov and the complaint number is 86479700. Perhaps outside of the United States this type of deception is acceptable but in the U.S., it is not.

Here is what is deceptive:

You tout the “NO RISK 30-DAY TRIAL” on every page of your website. The when a prospect clicks the link it asks for email address and then payment. Finding out why the payment requires a bit of research but money-back guarantees are not uncommon in United States so your explanation suffices.

Here is the deceptive part: If and when you decide you don’t need or want the service, the cancellation process is cumbersome. After the cancellation via your procedures, more research turns up more ambiguity. Here is my observations below.

1. This clearly states “No Monthly Fee”

[​IMG]

2. In the FAQs, the money back guarantee is 50 days

[​IMG]

3. Also in the FAQs, No activation fee.

[​IMG]

4. As seen below, there is an activation fee.

IMG Removed (Broken Link. this image must be uploaded through the forum)

5. Look again in the above screenshots and you will see that the service was begun on 6/27/2017. One LESS THAN 30 (or 50) days later and with a positive balance remaining in my Duofax account, I was again charged on my credit card.

[​IMG]

6. I tried to find the cancellation via the web portal and found that I have to send email. Email sent but charge remains. I do a little more research and find that you are really charging a “prepayment” every month whether the account is depleted or not. This is dishonest and is simply a deceptive way of collecting a monthly charge and not calling it a monthly charge. If refund was made after cancellation then you might could get away with the claim of no monthly fee but since no refunds are made on prepayment account. It’s really just theft.

IMG Removed (Broken Link. this image must be uploaded through the forum)

~

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 5:56 AM

Steve,

we really do not offer FREE trial, it must be some missunderstanding. Please check our pages again.

We will not charge you the next month but the first month cannot be refunded, I hope it is ok for you?

Petr

Dne 23.07.2017 v 15:46 Steve Waller napsal(a):

No I didn’t. I signed up for a NO RISK 30-DAY TRIAL. In the process, I endured your explanation of why you needed a credit card and a balance recharge to start a free trial. You charged me again 23 days later before my 30 day trial even ended. You make it impossible to cancel an account via the web interface.

As an IT Service MSP and a 3CX Partner, I am the choke point for thousands of business end users. So go ahead and take my $21.xx dollars you didn’t actually earn. It will cost you far more than that for the business I divert away from a dishonest and deceptive company via my own client base and the 3CX forums.

~

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:36 AM

Hello Steve,

you have signed up for a monthly recharge of 10 EUR. The termination must be done a minimum of 10 days before the renewal day.

We can deactivate your service and there will be no more charges but we cannot withdraw the past payments.

Petr

On 21.07.2017 23:11, Steve Waller wrote:

Cancel my account, please.

Also, I don’t understand why you charged my credit card again on July 20, 2017 for $11.66 since I was within the 30/50 day trial period for the account I opened on June 27, 2017. I still had a remaining balance from the first account charge of $11.39 on June 27. The second charge is currently in pending status so please do not follow through with the charge or I will dispute the transaction with my credit card.

~

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 technigogo, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
  2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that experience. We use Metrofax and recommend it to our customers. Here is a link Metrofax Trial Link . Full disclosure, we will get a few bucks if you use that link but it won't cost you anything.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.