Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Door bell

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Melvin_XIII, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I have implemented 3cx as the PBX system in a local art gallery. We are looking at integrating the front door bell and camera into the PBX.
    Currently they have an ancient camera and screen in a central location and a hacked door opener from SIEDLE in three locations that activate the relay in the door opening it.
    I wish to have the similar functionalities in the new system. I want an IP camera (With POE) that sends a video feed to the 3cx client call group when one of the two doorbells (also from SIEDLE) are pressed. Then I want to be able to dial a number to activate the relay that opens the door.
    I have looked at all in one door phones but due to us having a glass front door I cant mount sucha device. I need to have the bell and the cameras in different positions. ideally I would like to use the door bells that already exist.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You're getting a bit specific on your requirements, which will narrow the options. Hopefully someone can offer a solution that works for you. I assume that you've done some searches on sites that supply VoIP equipment.

If no suitable options come forward, you might consider an off-the-shelf analogue solution, in conjunction with an ATA (which may allow the continued use of the existing system), running the video a different route, possibly through a web-cam.

3. Melvin_XIII

Hi,
    I think I might have found a solution. I will inform update the post with more details when I have successfully implemented the solution.
    The possible solution I have found is built around the SIP-ET 908A by COMMEND, an Austrian company. They have some incredible modules in their catalogue.
    Ill keep this post up to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.