Door bell

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Melvin_XIII, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    I have implemented 3cx as the PBX system in a local art gallery. We are looking at integrating the front door bell and camera into the PBX.
    Currently they have an ancient camera and screen in a central location and a hacked door opener from SIEDLE in three locations that activate the relay in the door opening it.
    I wish to have the similar functionalities in the new system. I want an IP camera (With POE) that sends a video feed to the 3cx client call group when one of the two doorbells (also from SIEDLE) are pressed. Then I want to be able to dial a number to activate the relay that opens the door.
    I have looked at all in one door phones but due to us having a glass front door I cant mount sucha device. I need to have the bell and the cameras in different positions. ideally I would like to use the door bells that already exist.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You're getting a bit specific on your requirements, which will narrow the options. Hopefully someone can offer a solution that works for you. I assume that you've done some searches on sites that supply VoIP equipment.

If no suitable options come forward, you might consider an off-the-shelf analogue solution, in conjunction with an ATA (which may allow the continued use of the existing system), running the video a different route, possibly through a web-cam.

3. Melvin_XIII

Hi,
    I think I might have found a solution. I will inform update the post with more details when I have successfully implemented the solution.
    The possible solution I have found is built around the SIP-ET 908A by COMMEND, an Austrian company. They have some incredible modules in their catalogue.
    Ill keep this post up to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.