Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Door Phone/Intercom - Que/Hunt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shanus6, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanus6

Hi Guys,

We have a small office of 10 people that all come and go at various times of the day. Its more of a drop in office rather than a fixed be here between the hours of "" type of thing. As such you never know who if anyone will be here. The only fixed staff member is a receptionist between 8:30am-2:30pm.

We receive a lot of deliveries throughout the day from various courier companies, due to the nature of the transient staff and because of the physical location of the door it is locked 24/7 via a swipe reader. The receptionist can see who is at the entry via a cctv monitor (as there is no line of site) and has a button to push to unlock the door. We currently just have an off the shelf doorbell which isnt working very well.. Long story short i have purchased a SIP Intercom, just a generic Chinese brand off eBay. (See pictured)

The intercom has the ability to pretty much just dial a number when the call button is pushed. Now for the tricky part, what i would like it to do when the call button is pushed is do a ring hunt. To start at the receptionist, if no answer then ring all across all 10 lines, or even better dial a que that way agent presence is taken into account. Not so important but if possible the ability that if no one is there, it could divert to a voicemail i was thinking Que timeout would achieve this.

What i cant seem to figure out though is how to effectively dial into a que from an internal line? The intercom has an extension number of 500 and our internal lines range from 201-211. If i make a que and set it all up and try it i just get a "not found" message. I get the same message if i pick up a desk phone and try and dial one of our existing que numbers. Eg 801.

Is there a simple solution here or am i stuck just dialling a single extension number?

Im running 3CX V12.5 SP2.

Ps: Sorry for the long story, i just thought it would help "picture" the situation

Attached Files:

• $_12.JPG
      $_12.JPG
      File size:
      14.9 KB
      Views:
  2. garyjduk

Not exactly sure of your issue here but to dial into a queue from an internal number, you just dial the queue's virtual extension number. I've just tested it and it works and even across a bridge I can get the queue.

Open up the queue section of 3CX Management and try just dialling the Queue number and see if that works.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would go with a ring group, either ring all, or ring one set at a time, whatever works best for you. When you use a queue, you rely on "agents" being logged in and at at the phone. With a ring group, if the call goes unanswered, you can have it move on to the next set, or even to another destination if there is no answer at any set. Any extension can call the ring group number.

If you have a small office, with everyone within earshot, and you have multiple keys on each set you could have the same (a new) extension number appear on a line key on every set, set it to flash only. Add an extension to 3CX to which you connect an ATA. Put the extension number of the ATA and the number appearing on all sets into one ring group. Set the ring "type" of the ATA to something unique (triple ring?) and connect it to a ringer loud enough to be heard through the office. Set the ring group type to ring all. When the ringer sounds they know that there is someone at the door and can answer on any set using the key.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.