Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Doubt with outbound dials

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by grn5991, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grn5991

Hi, actually i use internal extensions with 4 numbers, but i need make outbound calls with 4 numbers too. When i try this external calls 3cx recognize like a internal call even with a outbound rule configured.How i can make this external calls?

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You could create a rule that for 5 digit numbers strip one digit and send to the provider. You then would need to use a 9 or whatever number you wish to do outbound.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. grn5991

I created the outbound rule like you said,but failed. looking in activity log, i have this error:
    Target endpoint for 7xxxx can not be built!
    I searching about this but i don't have sucess to solve this.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

grn5991 likes this.
  5. grn5991

Thanks for the answer but speed dial isn't my case, because i need create a generic outbound rule for all calls with 4 digits and aren't in internal extensions can be completed, not for a only number like the case of speed dial.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

#6 leejor, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Your rule says for 5 digits and you strip one? That rule uses your sip provider?
    The only part of the rule that should be filled in is "Calls to Numbers with a length of" where you put 5.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. grn5991

I discovered the reason of this problem, because of sip provider, he can't support calls with special numbers like 3,4 or 5 numbers.
    Thanks for everyone who tried to help me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.