Download 3CX Configuration per WebGUI

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by certified1, Mar 28, 2018.

Download 3CX Configuration per WebGUI 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. certified1

Ich möchte für das Erstdeployment die Nebenstellenkonfiguration direkt aus der WebGui herunterladen können, da viele Kundenmitarbeiter die wenig mit der IT vertraut sind (ja, gibt es) mit den Mails nicht klar kommen.

Optimal wäre das Einbetten in die Nebenstellenkonfiguration, perfekt wäre ein "Massendownload" aller angelegter Nebenstellen.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I just send an advance email letting them know that I will be coming to their desk shortly and that another email will follow this one from our phone system. I ask them not to delete the email.

When I get to their desk, the file is convenient and I open it. Install 3cx, then launch the config file.

Otherwise, I have to carry around a USB stick and plug it in, wait, find the file, load the file, eject. move on. I find it much easier using the email method.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. certified1

Hi Craig,
    thanks for your reply, please don't misunderstand, it shouldn't be a "kick out email notification" but also be able to do. And we (germany) are actually not allowed to take a look in users email account but i need to set correct emails for notifications and other things.

so your case is in general fine, but not in every case usable.

i hope you as 3cx team could add this feature soon.

Thanks

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I actually don't "take a look" at their email.
    I goto their desk and ask them to open the email the phone system sent.
    Then take it from there.

I personally find this easy to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. certified1

Das ist für dich ok, für uns gibt es Optimierungsbedarf. Danke

6. Silly English Kniggit

This would be very useful for debug by us, even if not for general use. Some 3CX systems use mail servers that will only email internal addresses (yes, I know but it doesn't cause a problem in production use) - which means it's difficult to get the 3CXPhone config for remote testing. Ability to download would avoid this.