Download link for Supported Yealink T46G Firmware 28.81.0.60 ???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Philip Brown, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip Brown

Could someone point me to or provide me access to the latest support firmware.

The yealink support site (http://support.yealink.com/documentFront/forwardToDocumentDetailPage?documentId=10 ) still only lists downloads for the previous firmware version (46-28.81.0.25.zip),
    Untitled2.png

yet 3CX Linux V15 has been upgraded to support the newer firmware. As a result, the provisioning module now indicates that my firmware is unsupported.

Untitled.png

Yes..., I know that I am *supposed* to be able to auto-provision the phone and 3CX will even upgrade the firmware for me, but this has been highly problematic primarily (I suspect) because:

1) I host my 3CX in the cloud, so all of my clients are remote, and this has been troublesome, at best, when
    it comes to provisioning. In fact, since the earlier release of V15 didn't support remote provisioning for the
    yealink W52P, as a work around I set up a local 3CX server, just to provision (and upgrade firmware), and then manually updated the phone settings to point to the remote server.

2) Truthfully, the configuration template is not as robust (feature-wise) as I would like. For example, manually configure my phone to 2 or 3 dedicated line buttons for "group" extensions (eg. 1001 & 2001), and I set many phones to register with this group extensions. Then I also give each phone it's own extension (eg 1002 for one phone & 1003 for a another phone). This gives me great flexibility... and yes... I am aware of ring groups, but in my testing, there was a delay of upto 2 or 3 seconds before some of the phones in the ring group actually started to ring. The approach I use now doesn't have this delay, and works better because I can visually tell (based on the light that blinks) whether the call is to a group line... and which group... vs direct to the extension)

3) Given the provisioning problems (I tried the remote provision / upgrade on my T46G and it rebooted, but never upgraded) and my preferred settings on the phone that I don't know if the 3CX template can support (it certainly isn't readily apparent how to do it, if it can be done at all), I'd really just like to update the firmware to match the latest supported version.

Long post... long explanation, but I hope it's helpful to others too.
    If anyone can help me get the latest firmware, I would appreciate it.

-Phil

2. Philip Brown

So, I've read other posts, and I think I found it.

It's under
    /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/xxx/firmware/yealink/T46-28.81.0.60.rom

Of course, your xxx will change so first cd to /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/

cd /var/lib/3cxpbx/Instance1/Data/Http/Interface/provisioning/
    then ls -lF
    then cd xxx (where xxx is the directory you saw from the ls)
    then cd firmware/yealink/
    ls -lF
    and you will see the file.

Use ftp, scp, or your other favorite utility to transfer the file. You may have to do some set up to install scp... that's beyond the scope of this post.

There also seems to be a firmware_new/yeaklink directory, but the files have the same
    name, I think (and will confirm) that they are identical.

If you're on windows, your path will probably start with C:\ProgramData\3CX\
    and you'll have to use a file browser or dos commands to change directories and list files.

-Phil

P.S. --- yep... the files in both locations are identical. when I run a sha256sum on them, they both
    produce the following output:

8af3e0ab18cec6b6dae7de6345b67988e216da861d130eaf3a1ff731750bcd50

3. bujo

Is this official FW from Yealink or is this a custom 3cx version?

4. Sopock

Sopock Member

This! We could only temporarily set DNS entry on router to point local server?:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Philip Brown

I don't know. That's a good question....

Yeah.... I guess your idea is a lot easier... temporarily change my local DNS to point to a local server... That would have been smarter, although I'm not sure if my local server would have provided the correct domain name in the provisioning files it delivered, given how server licenses are tied to domain names... I don't know if it would work or fail, but then again, I didn't try it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.