• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Download the Mac App ABSENT from the website

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechSavy290

Forum User
Reaction score
Yesterday and over the last 3-4 weeks I could download Client for Mac computer, today the link is absent from the website https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/
Does anyone know if support for MAC has been pulled/stopped?
Capture.PNG

Reactions: hniemann and matlj
Can you tell us why the macOS client was removed?
We have more than 150 web developers with macOS and the web client is not a solution for them.

Hi,

The Mac client is no longer being developed. We will be further developing the webclient along with the Chrome plugin, and this will be the recommended client for Mac users.

Not though that the existing Mac OS may still work, but as the PBX changes with newer revisions it may stop working altogether.

Hi,

The Mac client is no longer being developed. We will be further developing the webclient along with the Chrome plugin, and this will be the recommended client for Mac users.

Not though that the existing Mac OS may still work, but as the PBX changes with newer revisions it may stop working altogether.
Why have a Windows client but not Mac? Can it at least be kept updated to work. No necessary add new features. I have a few customers using this client.

Reactions: Tony Cave
I think it's been mentioned a few times that development moving forward would be concentrated on the web client, which I take as meaning the windows client will be put out to pasture as well.

What does the Mac client do that the webclient doesn't at this stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.