DP715 Dect with V12 not supported? : Resolved

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nathanpsa, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nathanpsa

I have a Grandstream DP715 DECT phone I am trying to configure with 3CX, I followed this guide from the 3CX website:
    https://www.3cx.com/blog/ip-phone-configuration/provisioning-gs-dp710-dp715-dect/
    but when I get to selecting the model to provision it, the model is not listed as it is in the guide.

Is there a way to add this model in? can I download the template from anyway to add? can I use a different model and get basic call functionality?
    As a last resort, could I provision this manually?

Any help greatly appreciated! :D

Edit:
    I manually pointed it at the server in the advanced settings on the web interface, then under handset set the username and password as defined on the extension, and it works. No phonebook but as a public usage phone it can make and receive calls, which seems as good as I can get. No auto-provisioning though.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: DP715 Dect with V12 not supported?

Haven't used that particular model, but...if the template isn't available, then you will probably have to wait and see if it is added into 3CX at a later date.

In the meantime, there is no reason why you can't attempt to configure it manually. Many phones will work with 3CX (perhaps just not all of the advanced features), yet are not "officially" supported. It really means that they have not been tested to work, not, that they won't necessarily work.

Once you have the network basics programmed into a device, then for the most part, it's just the server info, the extension number and the password. As many manufacturers use differing terms, have a look over the manual configuration of another Grandstream device (perhaps an ATA) for "clues" on what to put where. They will all be very similar.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Granstream has 3cx config files for the dp710, and dp715 on their website http://resellerconnect.grandstream.com/users/marketing. They have the config files for that phone in addtion to all other Grandstream handsets left out of v12 in addition to step by step instructions on how to load to 3cx. Simply load config files and auto provisioning is available making your life that much easer...... This pisisng contest between the two continues

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

John:

I would leave the This pisisng contest between the two continues out of it as adding fuel to the fire does not help in any way...

To the OP, I would most certainly configure the phone manually. The templates works but it will take you longer to copy them in place and then use them. The template will not allow for more than one handset/extension also. Drop me a line if you need help to do it manually, I have a PDF somewhere for that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.