Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DP715

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eclipse2000, Jul 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclipse2000

Hi Guys,

Our 3CX server is located in a data center which works better for our setup.
    We have the proxy tunnel working in 2 locations so all remote phones work perfect from both locations.
    We are just in the process of setting up a Grandstream DP715 cordless phone so we can pass this around temp staff who are working certain days so they can look after the phones, i want to come up with a solution so this phone can just be plugged in to anyone's broadband without having to mess about with installing the proxy manager or setting up any port forwarding.
    I have the static IP address of the 3CX server in the phone settings but i have tried various settings like stun etc but still cant get it to work correctly for incoming calls.
    Can anyone offer any advise.

Thanks

2. eclipse2000

Even more annoying, when we make an extension to extension call it works fine but if an external call come through we get no audio either way on the cordless phone.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unfortunately what you would like to have may not be possible. A lot of this has to do with the firewall(s) and some are more forgiving than others.

You didn't provide any of the details of how the phone was provisioned in 3CX or the phone set-up itself. You also made it sound as if the DP is not using the tunnel alluding back to the universal broadband desire. Not using the tunnel brings the firewall back into play which then raises the question of SIP ALG being used (or not) and the port forwarding. STUN is not a cure all, but in some instances it can certainly aid.

Just consider it highly unlikely that you will be able to move the base station around to other networks and be able to communicate without having to do some additional preparation. It would certainly make life easier for us all if it could come about.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The DP715 and the HT701 FXS adapter are amazing at doing exactly what you asked for. While we don't provide residential service, my wife gives away both of the above devices to friends and family, charities etc. They leave pre-configured and we have yet to find one that doesn't work or has one way audio.

I suggest you factory reset the base, pick RANDOM SIP and RANDON RTP ports, if the router support upnp select that but most of the times we use STUN, set stun to a reliable public one. Set PCMU across all codecs, RFC for DTMF, Configure 3CX's public IP, user password etc. and give it a try. There are a few dlink and netgear routers that just will not work well but on those, use upnp.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.