DR and VM don't answer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by collinsit, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. collinsit

Hi there, I just completed the installation and configuration of the 3CX phone system. Most of the install went fine and I have a couple Linksys SPA phones that I am using which work great with the setup. I am having one issue with getting the Digital Receptionist and the Voicemail to pickup. If I dial into the phone system from a PSTN line, my Linksys VOIP phones will ring. I have set them up to ring for 15 seconds and then forward to the DR. After the phones ring for 15 seconds, the line will seem to go dead even though the PSTN phone still says its connected. I don't end up hearing anything and am never connected to the DR. I have also changed the setup of the incoming ring groups so that rather than go to the DR after 15 seconds, it will go directly to Voicemail. When I set it up this way I have the same result, the phone will ring for 15 seconds and then seem to go dead.

I have tried the setup both using the internal voicemail and DR as well as linking to my Exchange 2007 server but both seem to do the same thing. I know the connection to the Exchange server is working since I will get an e-mail after trying to connect to it saying that I have missed a call and it will say the number I called from. If I dial one of the extensions on the phone system from another of the Linksys phones, I get through to voicemail no problem and can leave a message there. I can also directly dial the extension of the DR and am connected no problem so internally everything seems to be working fine.

I enabled higher level debugging of the logfiles on the 3CX server to see if I could see anything there. I went through the logs and it showed the connection being established and the call being transferred to the Exchange server but never brings up any error. When I hang up it says that the call was disconnected but again, nothing abnormal there. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as the system isn't much help if people can't leave messages. Other than that, it looks like a great setup.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you can answer the calls OK and have two way sound if the call doesn't go off to VM or DR? You did record a DR message? If there is no sound on an answered call (on the phone) then it could be a blocked port problem, blocked ports will allow the line to ring but won't pass voice either one or both ways. What about if the extension called is unregistered and is set to go directly to VM (no 15 second delay), any audio?

3. collinsit

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tested calling into my line and testing the audio. It is a little tricky to test this since I get feedback but someone else called in when I was testing. I was able to answer the call but I assume they never heard anything since when I talked they never responded. They dialed in a second time and I could hear them dial an extension number the second time they called. I could hear them dial the 3 digits but again they couldn't hear anything. What ports do I need to be forwarding through the firewall? I was using the Linksys LVS9000 system before and never had to do any firewall configuration to get it to work so I am not sure what is needed here.

Any help getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

4. collinsit

I found all the ports that I need to allow through the firewall for the 3CX system in the installation manual. I allowed them all through the incoming access list but I still am not getting any audio. Do I need to also forward all of those ports using NAT to the PBX computer as well?

5. collinsit

I just found another forum article that says Iristel doesn't work with the 3CX system since they require different SIP ID's and Auth ID's. I use Iristel for my connection and am wondering what this means. As I mentioned, I am able to establish the connection and the Lines go active. It is just the audio that doesn't work. To me it seems that Iristel is working for the most part but there is some configuration that is affecting the transmission of the audio. I am just wondering if this is going to be a problem that I can't end up resolving. The post that said Iristel wouldn't work was made in April 2007 so I am not even sure what version of 3cx he was running.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.