DR doesn't populate lists for extensions or ring groups

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oneobserver, Jan 30, 2008.

  1. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    I am running Build 3790 on a Windows 2003 server. I am trying to configure my Digital Receptionist. I first selected "send to extension". The right hand doesn't populate until you save the DR and come back to edit it again. If you select "Send to Ring Group, it again doesn't populate the list, but if you attempt to save it, you get the following:

    Internal server error


    Cannot save IVR Menu Item object: dn part: ERROR: null value in column "fkiddn" violates not-null constraint<br>#0 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fIvrMenuItem.php(166): safeExec(Object(PDOStatement), 'Cannot save IVR...')<br />
    #1 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\functions\fIvrMenuItem.php(106): fIvrMenuItem::saveMiDN(Object(oIvrMiDn))<br />
    #2 C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Http\digital_receptionist.php(249): fIvrMenuItem::save(Object(oIvrMenuItem))<br />
    #3 {main}

    Trying to change a "Send to Extenstion" to "Send to Ring group" doesn't populate the list, and saving it just switches it back to "Send to extension" that I configures with 3 extensions. When I select Ring Group on the left hand side the right hand option for that line still only has extensions in it.

    Is there a fix for this? This makes the DR almost unusable.

    markh
     
  2. landfiets

    landfiets New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    Messages:
    242
    Likes Received:
    0
    we had some of the same problems a long time ago. It was gone when I didn't update the 3CX but did a reinstall.
    So try a clean install and use the backup of your 3cx to configure it.
    Did you update to 3970 from another build or did you really reinstall?
     
  3. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    The 3970 install was done as an update from 3752, but the 3752 was a clean install. The original install had the same problem which was why I did the update. I'll try and reinstall and see what happens
     
  4. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    OK, no joy. I uninstalled and the reinstalled directly from the 3790 download. Then restored the backup and I still get this behavior. Anybody have any other suggestions? I'll try again and see if not restoring allows me to make a DR correctly.

    markh
     
  5. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Some joy, followed by a big sigh. The problem appears to be in the backup/restore. I can properly create a new digital receptionist until I do a restore of the old configuration that I backed up. This really becomes a PITA as I had 4 different gateways that I was attempting to test configured here and having to restart from scratch is really to be painful. Back to hand documentation of everything so I can start from scratch again...

    markh
     
  6. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    More Sighs. I finished my documentation and removed the SW, then rebooted for clarity. After reinstalling and redefining my 7 extensions again, I find I have the same problem again when I try and define the DR. When I select an option that should populate the drop downs I get an error in my browser that says:

    Line: 252
    Char: 34
    Error: 'cDropdownLink_items_Actions' is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: http://10.0.97.21:5481/digital_receptionist.php

    Anybody else have a clue on this one?

    markh
     
  7. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Found that I could force the drop downs to fill by selecting either Transfer to Ring Group or Transfer to Extension and hitting the OK button, then editing it again. This resulted in the first item in the list for either option being displayed, but now I cannot get the timeout list to populate. When it is selected I now get the following:

    Line:48
    Char:1
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0
    URL: http://10.0.97.21:5481/digital_receptionist.php

    And if I hit OK, it changes back to the default of No Action.

    Uninstalling (again) to see if I can get a clean working set. One thing to note. Every other uninstall has not requested a reboot. Last one did not, and this one I am doing right now did again. One previous that work also requested a reboot before the previous reboot.

    markh
     
  8. oneobserver

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2007
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    0
    Problem solved.

    I had one extension that was labeled:

    First Name: Mark's
    Last Name: Office

    Earlier tests that worked didn't have that extension defined. If the labels cannot have a single quote in them then the interface should check and disallow it like it does with the names for the hunt groups and Digital Receptionist labels.

    markh
     
  9. oldknock

    Joined:
    Feb 14, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    I affirm that this is an issue. We installed a fresh copy of v5.0.3790 and ran into the same problem with a wipe/type. Removing the apostrophe from all extensions resolved the issue, but no error-checking seems rather hazardous. Thanks, oneobserver.
     

Share This Page