Drag and drop in V12?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 805tech, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 805tech

Did this feature go away? In the presence screen when a call comes in I try to drag and drop it to a extension does not work. Did this feature go away?

2. rogueblackburn

In the current version of 3CX Fullscreen Presence, yes, drag & drop is missing. I too hope that it comes back though

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I end up right-clicking the call in the list and using Transfer. A bit more klunky.. but then again I don't ever miss the drop onto the wrong extension. ;)

4. williamsonchong

Wow, just upgraded our office to V12 and I am not believing that drag and drop is gone. This is the single most important feature, bar none, for us. I am dreading Monday morning, when I have to explain to everyone that the upgrade is actually a serious downgrade. I don't mean to diminish the seemingly wonderful things that V12 brings but the absence of drag and drop is a serious shortcoming that fundamentally changes how we have been interacting with 3CX to date. Is this a technical shortcoming to be remedied soon or is it no longer a feature offered by 3CXPhone?

5. williamsonchong

I now see that the new 3cxphone for Windows also can't be brought to the front for incoming calls. Oh my, this is bad news on top of the absence of drag and drop.

I think that it's fair to assume that customers expect a minimum of feature parity with upgrades. In absence of parity, a clear document outlining the removal or deprecation of features would be appreciated.

3CX has been so wonderful that I hadn't even visited these forums until today. Apologies that my first posts are critical in nature. We do love the platform and I am sure that there's lots to love in V12. For now, though, I am going to revert to V11 to get back the functionality of 3CXMyphone that we have come to expect.

Best,

Shane

6. 805tech

I called 3CX and there tech told me that he heard they are going to look into it. So hopefully they will bring that feature back.

7. williamsonchong

Sounds good. Thankfully, downgrading to v11 was a snap. I'll keep following this thread and hope that drag and drop make a return to 3CXMyPhone soon.

8. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi williamsonchong,

Please be patient for a little while longer, even Rome wasn't built in a day. The good news is that good things come to those who are patient.if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. 805tech

AndreasP_3CX
    Any chance do you have anymore info on this subject? Are they going to bring this back for sure?

Thank you

10. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@805tech

Drag and drop is coming in SP2 which is coming out very soon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi 805tech

We are working on it. If you have any further questions please let us know.

Regards

12. bull_tpk

Firstly I love 3cx, but have to say I am very underwhelmed with the replacement for myphone. Myphone was good clean looking simple web app that could be easily sized and easy for anyone to use. The new 3cx phone is a bit ugly IMO, clunky and not really nice to use, missing drag and drop and I dread have to explain to someone how to customize the windows to a custom view, when I found it a little difficult myself. I think the cleaner look and simplicity of myphone was much better than this new version.

Otherwise version 12 3cx phone for andriod looks to be better, but I cant see an exit button in there, and have to crash the app to get rid of it.

I would like to know if I purchse a new license for version 12, can I install 11, and have the option of going to 12 when it has a bit more polish?

Thanks in advance

13. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I have clients still running v8.. for "non-technical" reasons, if you will..
    They have upgrade insurance which is still current.
    We took another v8 client through v11 just recently.
    Should be fine.

14. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@bull_tpk

What you would need to do is purchase the license from a 3CX partner and then ask that partner to have 3CX generate a v11 key for you. Then when you are ready to go to v12 you would have them generate a v12 key. I'd be happy to assist should you want to go that route.

15. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

SP2: •Ability to drag and drop calls from the full screen presence window.

16. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi,

Drag and Drop functionality has been added in Service Pack 2 which you can get from here: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-phone-system-12-service-pack-2/ if you have any further questions please let us know.

Best Regards

17. infonetics

I've upgraded to SP2, and drag and drop does not appear to be working for me. I did make sure that 3CX Phone installed new components on startup after I updated the server. Right-clicking on active calls in presence window doesn't give any options, either.

18. 805tech

@infonetics
    I had same problem at first and I noticed I did not have the permission set. In your Extension group rights make sure you have perform operations (divert,transfer,take) on any active call to group members

19. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

It (the absence of local menu) means that you have rights to see the call but you don't have any rights to control it.
    Do you expect that drag and drop operation will allow to bypass the rule?

20. infonetics

No, I wasn't expecting it to bypass the rule, I had overlooked it and thus wasn't aware of its existence. It is working fine now. Unfortunate that it took 2 service packs to re-enable this basic function that was in MyPhone - it feels like 3CX rushed to get V12 to market without making sure it was really complete. Kind of like Microsoft and Windows 8.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.