Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Draytek Vigor 2820 firewall security

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by commplete, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. commplete

Hello

I would like to ask for a bit of help regarding setting the firewall on a Draytek Vigor 2820 to work with the 3CX.
    I have set the port forwarding on the router and everything seems to work fine.

With other routers (2wire and Netgear) that I have used I have always had to make configuration changes (opening some ports) to the router firewall to get the 3cx firewall test to pass.
    With the Draytek, the 3cx firewall test passed with just using the Draytek factory default firewall settings.

This makes me wonder whether the Draytek firewall (out of the box - in factory default state) is sufficiently secure in a 3cx environment, or whether I need to close some ports ? I must admit I find it's filter setup somewhat difficult to understand.
    I also see that DoS is not enabled by default - is there any disadvantage to enabling this ?

Any hints or suggestions regarding your recommended settings for this firewall would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Huw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.