Draytek VirgorPhone 350 Attended Call Transfer

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by daniel.hayman, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daniel.hayman

Hello,

I am setting up my office phone system on 3cx. I have a mixture of draytek vigorphone 350, yealink t21 and yealink t22 phones.

In my testing I have found that when making an attended call transfer from a draytek phone to draytek phone the call gets lost and remains on hold until the caller hangs up. If I do an unattended transfer everything works ok.

I have tested both attended transfer and unattended transfer between yealinks and yealinks to drayteks and everything works OK.

Within the extension module I have checked the box next to 'Supports Re-Invite' which has made no difference.

I have 3CX hosted on AWS, and the firewall checker runs OK on the 3CX webpage.

Thanks
    Dan

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Dan,

When performing the Attended Transfer, does the number you are transferring to answer the call before completing the transfer from the extension doing the transfer?

I have no experience with this phones at all, but it may be a good idea to see what is happening in a packet capture.

3. daniel.hayman

Hi NickD_3cx,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've been troubleshooting for a short while now and am unsure now as to whether this is a specific phone issue as I have seen teh issue on some Yealinks T21s.

When I originally posted I had configured the phones to use a STUN server. I have now tried using the Session Border Controller. With this is use I am unable to make any sort of transfer attended or un-attended. I am even unabel to transfer *777 echo test calls from phone to phone. Prior to any attempt at transferring *777 the echo service works as expected.

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks
    Dan

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The only thing I could suggest is you doing a capture and see what the Draytek phones are doing during the transfer, then compare that to a working set of phones. Then once you identify the difference in behavior, see if you can somehow configure the Draytek phones to 'behave' differently.
    Sorry, I realize this is a bit vague, but as I said, I have no experience with these phones so I cannot be more specific.

Generally this is the reason why 3CX has 'supported phones', because some don't work out of the box...

5. daniel.hayman

Hi Nick_3CX,

I've managed to capture an unsuccessful call transfer with wireshark. I've taken a look in wireshark and part from a phone call with feedback (both phones on speaker phone!) I can only see a 407 proxy authentication.

If you have the time it would be great if you're able to take a look. I am hoping to use some supported phones this afternoon and will let you know the results.

Thanks
    Dan

Attached Files:

6. daniel.hayman

Hello,

I managed to capture a couple more sessions.

I have a successful Yealink transfer and also a successful un-attended Draytek transfer and in the same session an unsuccessful attended transfer.

If anyone has the time to help it would be ace!

Thanks
    Dan

Attached Files:

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

From what I can see in the captures, if I understand the setup correctly, they Draytek phones don't even seem to be sending a REFER message if the second call has been answered.

Now in the second capture I also found a call where the completed the attended transfer before the extension you were transferring to had answered (Semi-Attended Transfer), and in that case, it did seem to send a REFER message but the receiving party seemed not to like this...

8. fistameeny

Hi,
    Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm trialling 3CX with a bunch of Draytek 350 phones and I'm experiencing exactly the same. A call transfer from phone to phone results in the caller being left on hold, and the phones showing their status as "busy" until I restart 3CX.

Did you manage to get 3CX working with your Draytek phones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.