Draytel VOIP Problems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tahir, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahir

Hi folks, loving the PBX and may even purchase the commercial version if it works ok when we have our additional lines fitted. One problem though, we currently use Draytel for VOIP lines and although when you select register line it works fine, if you select register line and then leave it for like 30 minutes and call the number, the server status still shows a green light however no call comes through to the PBX unless someone clicks register line at which point the call arrives fine.

Is there an option where we can define how often the PBX issues a register attempt with the VOIP provider to ensure the line remains active?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to be sure, you mean Draytek right? Can you let me know which model you are using? Can you also send me the server status log:

Clear it first, then redo the action (after the 30 mins) elapsed and then send us the log.

we dont support Draytek at this point but we would like to. we would like to get our hands on one...

Nick

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tahir

Draytel

Hi,

Yes the product we are using is the Draytek Vigor 3300V. I am attempting to use the Draytel service, which is Draytek's own SIP service. The problem I am having is that one I initially register the Draytel SIP line on the PBX it works great, however after a short while of inactivity the line does not seem to be registered any more and therefore fails to ring the PBX when someone rings any of our Draytel numbers.

Is it possible to set the register request interval manually for specific SIP services to ensure they do not expire?

And how do I go about utilising the FXO / FXS cards in the Draytek Vigor 3300V with the 3CX PBX?

Regards,

Tahir Ahmed

4. Tahir

Any feedback on this issue?

5. MalcolmSA

Is anyone able to answer the question of using draytek 3300v with fxo ports for outbound calls ?

6. bs_yellowbox

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with a:

Model Name : Vigor2930 series
    Firmware Version : v3.2.2

When I reboot the Vigor it's working fine, but after 30 minutes or so the line gets unregistered and not working anymore.

Someone any idea ?

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

At the moment we do not support Draytek routers. However if you have a commercial edition with support package we are ready to login remotely and troubleshoot this...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. manish@diihq.com

Dear Nick.

I have a draytek 3300V with 4 fxo ports. I am not able to get them to register.

I have a registered version 16sim calls of 3cx. I also have the Draytek router available to do testing. Your help in this matter is highly appreciated.

I also resell 3cx products. Draytek makes a good product for the price. I like a single piece of hardware for all that I need to do for a customer. I can try to help trouble shoot the issue with your tech support if required.

Thanks
    Manish

9. TotallyVoIP

Manish
    Sorry to hear of your woes, I did not realise that Draytek did a FXO device, just searched their website and it appears one of teh 2820 models also supports FXO (1port) the 2820Vsn.

I's a bit unclear as to which part of the service is unregistering ? Is it the SIP trunk Or is it the FXO ports that are being dropped? (the trunk assume ...)

The Draytel SIP trunk I assume is being dropped, (a Draytek service, i assume outsourced and branded as Draytel but they could I guess have set up the backbone required?) If so is it dropped from 3CX or from the router settings?
    From memory when I bought my Draytek's I had a free offer to use the "Draytel" provider but gave it a miss, but that the system could be configured in the router as it's own PBX.

I think it would be a good start to make sure that the router does not try to connect to the draytel account at the same time as the 3CX phone system, so disable the accounts on the router first and retry.

Otherwise

I would try a softphone or hardphone connection to the Draytel service, X-Lite is free and they give instructions:
    http://www.draytel.org/software-setup#xlite
    you can download x-lite here:
    http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download.html

list of hardphones supported and instructions here:
    http://www.draytel.org/user-guide#otherhardware

see if that lasts the 30minute test, if that works then you need to look in more detail at the 3CX configuration

It would be a good idea to look at the verbose logs on 3CX, or post them here. The Draytel support team might be worth a shot, at least to see if anyone else has tried used it with 3CX.

Let us know how you get on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.