Droid X 3CX locks up the phone

Discussion in 'Android' started by th3r00st3r, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. th3r00st3r

On the Droid X (DroidX), when entering a phone number on the 3CX keypad, the app lockes up and is non responsive to everything, even the power button. You have to do a battery pull (after the pain of removing the case) to reset the phone. I have read this in other forums\comments as well. Anyone else experiencing this?

Droid X
    DroidX (for search purposes)
    2.1 update 1 (where is froyo??)

2. technology5

Yeah, this stinks as this is one of the reasons I moved from the iPhone to Android. Hopefully this will be resolved shortly.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

It is very possible that the Droid X phone has some limitation in regards to VoIP. Its the only android phone that displays this behavior

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

For your information, the Motorolla Droid X is currently unsupported, but should/might be supported in the very near future.

At the moment the 1 Major issue pending on i regarding the 3CXPhone for Android is that opening the application will crash the entire phone.
    For the moment unfortunately you would have to sit back and wait for a fix :roll:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mcgaryt

Does anyboody know if the same issue(i.e. lockingupthe telephone) is involved in the Verizon/Motorola "Droid 2"or is the buglimited to the Droid X only?

6. mgriffit

FWIW, Sipdroid works fine on the Droid X connecting to our 3CX server. You could try and use it as a work around until the issue with 3CXPhone for Android is fixed.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

The regular Droid has issues, the Droid X locks ups especially when you check the NAT option. We are testing the Droid2 now...

8. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

One additional pointer, if you installed Skype after 3CX on the regular Droid, this caused problems, the Droid X comes with Skype on it, this could be a problem... I only had the Droid X for 2 days after I was told that the regular Motorola Droid was not supported (it worked well up to the latest update).

9. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You are testing everything BUT our supported devices :p
    For now Motorola DROIDS in general are a bit off limits for the 3CXPhone, we have as supported list of phones on the 3CX Blog.
    Because of the Hardware Difference of each Android Phone it is hard to identify and fix all such issues and on top of that, Motorola Droids are generally untested devices for the moment.

10. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Unfortunately those are the only 3 options we have at the moment with Verizon. I did not get a moment yet to try the HTC Incredible. I will however say that it works well on the Sprint EVO (client)

11. RobKasbow

All:

I have been testing Droid 2 and have been able to get the phone to register and I can make and receive calls to/from a 3CX extention and the PSTN. The only problem that I am having is that the Droid 2 3CX phone instantly logs out and goes to the home screen when I attempt answer an incoming/outgoing call by selecting the green send/phone button. Based on experience, this seems like a Droid configuration issue. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any proposed configuration changes?

Best regards,

Rob
    Rob Kasbow
    PBX Mobility Solutions, LLC

12. THG

THG

I have the same problem with Sony Ericsson X10 Mini, and according to your blog, it's supported.

13. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The 3CXPhone has been tested on the Sony Erickson X10 Mini and Normal Version.
    The Xperia X10 Mini we tested on was running on Android 1.6
    The Xperia Normal Version running Android 1.6

I don't understand how your Xperia Mini can be different than ours...

14. THG

THG

Complete useless on Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro. All keys will be disabled at the same time someone answer my call, so it's not even possible to hang upp or shut it down without pulling the battery.

15. K7EK

Where can I download a version of 3CXPhone that will work on my DroidX with the latest operating system? Attempts to get 3CXPhone fail because it is said to not be compatible with the DroidX. That's a real bummer :cry:

Best regards,

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.