Drop call after playing a message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Omi Azad, Aug 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omi Azad

Hi,
    If someone calls my extension, how I can play a message and drop the call? I can record voicemail, but that will not drop the call. It will just play and wait for the caller's input. I can also record IVR, but that will also wait for input or say Thank you before dropping the call.

Can you please suggest how I can just play my audio then drop the call without playing system thank you sound?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How about a DTMF tone recorded at the end of the outgoing IVR message to send the call to a "dead end". That tone might also be used in a Voicemail message, which would send the caller to the operator extension, which in turn could go to a "end call". haven't tied any of this myself, so you may have to experiment.

3. Omi Azad

Ha Ha Ha
    Excellent trick. But I believe there must be some easy way of doing this and may be someone has done it before. Like we are out of office please call us back on XYZ time and hang up!

4. bdarcyevans

You could configure a digital receptionist (apply your "please call back" prompt) with no key actions set and a short no or invalid input time and set to end call and forward your extension to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.