Drop Call Function

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AnthonyH, Apr 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyH

Hi

Am I right in thinking that currently the permission to drop calls is part of the 'Perform operations (divert, transfer, pickup)' rights?

We would like the ability for others to pickup calls for colleagues who are not at their desks but not have the ability to drop calls in progress via the Switchboard tab in Webclient or via the 3CX Windows app.

Thanks

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AnthonyH

Yes this is correct so the functionality is controlled by the same option so you cannot have one without the other. You can however remove the right and tell the users to use *20* to pickup calls that are ringing other extensions. *20* will pickup a call ringing in PBX so to be more specific with what call you want to pickup you can use *20*ext_num e.g. if extension 000 is ringing you will need to use *20*000 to pickup the call.
    Alternatively you can create a user request in our ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

3. AnthonyH

Thanks for the reply Yiannis
    In our 3CX Management console, I have changed the Dial Code Setting for 'Pickup a call' to *0 (rather than *20*) as this was the code used on the companies old phone system.
    Should this pickup code work even if users don't have the 'Perform operations' rights and will it work for all extensions or only extensions that are in the same extension group?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The code will work even if the right is not enabled. To pick up calls that are on a different extension group you need to make sure the option "Limit Call Pickup to calls received in their extension group" under Settings / PBX is not enabled.

5. AnthonyH

I have just done a test with one extension group and when I remove the 'Perform operations' rights from the extensions in the group, they can no longer pickup calls for other extensions in that group

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.