Dropped Audio - Near end only

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chadrooski, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chadrooski

Sep 27, 2017

Am currently having issues with a new cloud deployment. Have run through every test i can think of and having the same issue.

Cloud Hosted 3CX 15.5
    Draytek 2860 (SIP ALG Disabled in web interface - no Ticks)
    SBC onsite (Intel NUC i3 8GB RAM)
    Yealink T46S Handsets
    PCMA Codec in use

Basically we are having dropped audio issues on the near end on both inbound and outbound calls. This audio drop is only for a second and always comes back. The far end does not experience this audio drop at all and the call is clear.

This is where it gets strange. We use a fixed wireless internet connection 100/40 and the drop is only happening via this connection. We have added in a 4G dongle and when tunnel traffic on 5090 is routed via this we do not get the drop. This happens both when using the onsite SBC and also direct via port 5060.

I have used Wireshark to capture traffic directly from a Yealink T46S via port mirroring and when the audio is played back i do not get the dropout. ISP has also captured it at the tower and the audio is clear. We have tested via the 3CX app via the internal wireless network and this is clear. Have been in on a weekend when no one else is in the office and still experience the drop so cannot be a bandwidth issue.

Seems to only have an issue from the Yealink T46S handset. Also seem to have a large audio delay when making internal calls (not sure if it is related)

Anyone have any ideas? Pulling my hair out as my ISP is swearing black and blue there is nothing wrong with the network and they can hear the internal audio fine when testing at the tower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.