Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dropped Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by badsushi, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badsushi

Anybody out there have an issue with dropped calls on outbound calls only - We have found via wireshark we are getting a t.38 invite on an established 7.11 call and the system responds with a 488 not acceptable code and drops the call

the issue is very intermittent and will always drop within the 1st 10 seconds of the outbound call

The system is ver 11 sp4

We thought we were doing right by using supported Sangoma A101 cards but conveniently 3CX has dropped Sangoma and both manufactures are blaming each other.

I'm curious if we shell out another couple thousand bucks on Patton product if it will even solve the issue.

Any advice would be helpful~!

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We have been on 3cx for 1 year using a Patton with an IA line. I have not heard of 1 complaint yet. And when I needed help Patton support was always right there with a quick and correct answer.

You may want to consult with them before buying - they might have some insight for you in hopes of gaining your business.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mlump

mlump New Member

Are you getting the T.38 invite from the PRI provider or is 3CX sending the invite. If you could post the relevant info from the capture that would be helpful.

4. badsushi

I think that's the issue with the onboard cards is you can't really tell who is providing the invite which is probably why 3CX went with external gateways

Just a tough deal with you go with a supported product - somewhere along the line they drop it and your SOL

Attached Files:

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It looks like you are dialing out from a Cisco phone back into 3cx with a did (4947840). Where does this did go, your fax server possibly? 3cx is ending the t38 invite and the Cisco phone is rejecting.

6. badsushi

That is a land line - via wireshark you can hear them having a conversation for a few seconds before they get dropped.

Update: we have disabled t.38 completely from net border express - going 12 hours so far - keeping my fingers crossed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.