DSS Key config dropping off - Yealink T23G's

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kyle Jones, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Jones

Hi All,

Have been running 3CX for about a year now. No issues at all and almost all available functions being used. SBS, Windows Clients, MAC clients, Andriod clients, DECT handsets, conference bridge etc..
    Console running on a Server 2012R2, Hosted at 3CX, approximately 40 clients in total, 20 of which in a localized office desk phones.
    Never any issue provisioning any device. Basically, 3CX has worked great for us.

I set a DSS key on every desk phone - Group pickup *20*. This, I do manually and not via template as every user wants different things when they get setup.

Every now and then, individually, this DSS key config falls off and I have to set it again. Seems totally random as users just tell me about it when they notice. Its never all users at once. Also, If I update firmware on a desk phone, again, DSS config falls off.
    Devices are not currently patched to latest firmware as I'm waiting for a down weekend but issue has always existed including the previous extended time that device firmware has been up to date.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Kyle

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

What version of 3CX ?

How are the phones provisioned - manually , STUN or SBC

If STUN or SBC are you running standard 3CX templates, if so then the template will overwrite any manual settings you have done when the phone re-provisions.

Best to set any DDS keys in 3CX GUI under the BLF tab when you edit the extension. - Guessing each person only has one deskphone

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Kyle Jones

As Saggara mentioned if the DSS key is setup manually then if the phone re-provisions the manual settings will be overwritten by the configuration file. You will need to setup these keys from the BLF tab of the extension settings.

4. Kyle Jones

Yes this makes sense. I've had a look and see the BLF menu.
    Cheers very much guys!

5. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

After the making the changes within the console, just click on the 'Reprovision' tab under Phones - this should push out the changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.