Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DST on v14?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSlocum, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Do we still need to set daylight saving time on 3CX v14? Or is it automatic now? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the management console.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Seems it is gone. The items are still under the Parameter tab.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I asked support about this.
    They responded that DST is now based automatically set based off the servers clock that 3CX is running on.
    Not sure how they are doing this but i guess it must somehow detect it from the servers clock and put it into the provisioning template.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

5. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

This seems to not be true. Our server time is on Standard Time and the parameters under troubleshooting showed DST starting today. 3CX changed the time even though the server time has not changed.

6. kwcs

I'm having exactly the same issue. It changed today even though the server it's installed on has not. All of my provisioning files are specifying today (March 8th which was last year's DST change date) as the start date for DST. Reprovisioning those phones does nothing to resolve the issue which tells me 3CX is using incorrect dates to generate the provisioning files.

7. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Did you try changing the date in the parameters (TIME_DST_START_DAY, etc.) and then reprovisioning the phones?

8. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

I got a ticket open with 3CX to see why this is.

I've had some system that have the right dates in there today and others that dont.

Want some clarification as to why. Dont want to give to go in there every year to update the DST settings.

9. kwcs

Thank you. That did resolve the issue. Seems strange to me that this is based on dates and not on rules to determine the dates. You should be able to specify it starts the 2nd Sunday in March for example and not have to touch it again.

10. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I look forward to their answer. Seems like a bug to me.

Yes, it is nonsense right now. I think it's a bug, possibly left over from v12. You had to change DST each year back then.

11. kwcs

I contacted support with a ticket as well. They gave me instructions for changing the dates in the parameters as you suggested. I responded saying essentially what I did here about that it should be rules based. I was told "thanks for taking the time to voice your concern" and closed the ticket. No explanation.

12. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I think the actual 3CX server time is still fine, because the digital receptionist turned on at the correct time last night. It must just affect the phones. I also have a ticket open with support so hopefully one of us gets an answer.

13. nschrantz

Have you guys checked the phones themselves for these settings, I know from my experience we have a test server setup and had someone ask about this and on a clean install the 3CX time in those parameters is set to March 28th, which is clearly incorrect, however on my Yealink phones, they had the automatic option selected which appears to be pulling the DST information from the time server that the phone is set to as I could not get them to force change the DST day by editing those parameters and regenerating the configs and reprovisioning.

14. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

I'm not finding any DST settings on my Cisco SPA 514g phones.

Reprovisioning the phones didn't fix it, either?

15. nschrantz

See I didn't try the Cisco's, looks like there is a bit of an oversight that some of these phones that are compatible then are not using the same settings.

16. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

17. bob222

I have Cisco SPA514g phones. I added this line
    Code:
    <Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule group="Regional/Miscellaneous">start=3/8/7/02:0:0;end=11/1/7/02:0:0;save=1</Daylight_Saving_Time_Rule>
    at the end of my provisioning template. This should follow the US DST rule of 2nd Sunday in March and 1st Sunday in November. I'll know for sure if it works on Monday.

18. bob222

My Cisco SPA514g phones have the correct time following the change to DST on Sunday. So the above rule worked.

19. brianoakes

Any has anyone got the DST issue fixed with Polycom's? That's my project for tomorrow.

20. ezpc

Any idea how to configure parameters on 14 cloud? I have a tenant who has phones all an hour out... At the moment, I am thinking of just hard coding it in the provisioning template, but, seems rather annoying...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.