• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DST

Status
Not open for further replies.

tratz

Premier Customer
Reaction score
I am trying to setup DST on a fanvil headset and even when looking into the template and setting up the template to have DST, the system creates a config file without the DST enabled. I even looked through the advanced parameters table and even still the phone will not turn on DST unless manually set. This is a huge issue as here in US we have DST and will affect all of my fanvil phones.

If you want my modified template or modified parameter settings let me know

--Tracy

Good luck. We reported an issue with the Fanvil templates a while back because the TZ was hard coded into the default template. 3CX support response was to blame Fanvil...

Hi tratz,

To understand your problem we need to know the following information:
1. 3CX Phone System version;
2. Fanvil phone model and firmware version;
3. Where exactly in US are you located - which timezone parameter you are choosing to provision your phones?
4. Are you using the default template, or the custom one?

@cobaltit
The timezone parameters was never hard coded in the default template. 3CX always uses the dynamic parameters to provision the supported phones.
For the Fanvil phones they are the following:
<Time_Zone>%%param::time_timezone_fanvil%%</Time_Zone>
<Time_Zone_Name>%%timezonename%%</Time_Zone_Name>
Where "%%param::time_timezone_fanvil%%" and "%%timezonename%%" will be replaced with your chosen timezone.

Yes, the DST was problematic on Fanvil phones, but in the new models they fix it and will have AUTO value, which will automatically set (or not set) the DST values and correct the phone's time.

Aram:

1. It is V15 RC2.

2. Fanvil X5G 1.4.0.1903

3. Eastern Time

4. Tried both a custom and default template and am both an hour behind. Even looking at the phone, it is showing eastern timezone (-5) but without DST set, I am still an hour behind. The only way I got it to work was to go either into the template or make a copy of it and modify the settings for each week for the timezone and then it worked.

--Tracy

@Aram

The timezone was most definitely hard coded in the template at one point. I have ticket that was opened with 3CX support if you'd like to review it. I mis-spoke when I said 3CX support said it was Fanvil's fault. When we pointed out the fact that the TZ was hard coded the response was that we would have to modify the template (duh) but that 3CX did not support template modifications.

@Tracy

Hi Tracy,
I provisioned my Fanvil X5 with the same time zone ( GMT-5:00 Indiana(East) ) and my phone shows the correct time.
As you can see on the attached screen the phone correctly took the timezone value and enabled DST with the proper values.
FanvilX5.PNG

Did you factory reset the phone after upgrading to the "1.4.0.1903" version?
If not, please factory reset the phone and try again.
If problem will not be solved, it means you have some specific problem on your side.
Please open the support ticket and we will to investigate your problem there.

Attachments

• FanvilX5.PNG
    FanvilX5.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 591
Aram:

Here is the issue in a nutshell. On a clean install on V15 (not sure about V14) or even a version of 12.5, when you select the Eastern Time Zone, in the parameter table sets the Fanvil Time Zone listed below to Bogota
[*]TIME_TIMEZONE_FANVIL [*]Timezone in Fanvil compatible format [*]GMT-5:00 Bogota, Lima, Quito

Looking through the template, on that timezone, there is no DST as Bogota doesn’t believe in it. However, looking at what was posted in the forum if you change it to GMT-5:00 Indiana(East) and then provision the phone, it will have the right time because in the template the DST settings for Indiana are set. This still poses a problem as DST changes slightly year to year and you are still going to have to go and manually change the templates to get the correct time. With the yealink there is an auto settings where the firmware knows what to change but not in Fanvil. Also there is no documentation stating to go and change the parameter table to select the correct timezone.

--Tracy

@Tracy

We know that the DST changes slightly year to year. We sent this issue to Fanvil guys long time ago and they are already fixed it in Fanvil Android and new X3S models. We are waiting for the fixes for other models too. In the mean time, for this year, we added DST values into the template, so users will not have the problems with the DST settings.
You don't need to update the Custom parameter, just set the correct time zone from the extension settings and provision it.
We will change the template and when you will choose the Eastern Time Zone from the wizard, the GMT-5:00 Indiana(East) will be automatically chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.