• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF and Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITS!

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone else can duplicate the same problem we are having:

I dial some external phone number (unknown phone system type) and I'm greeting with an Auto Attendent / Digital Receptionist, whatever you want to call it. I can use the number pad on my keyboard or click the number buttons on the 3CX Softphone (version 12.0.37098.0) and access whatever menu options I want. That part works just as expected.

The issue comes up when another internal extension is conferenced. For example: say I'm extension 101 and I conference (with the Conference button) in extension 102. I then put that call on hold, click Line 2, and dial the same external phone number with the Auto Attendant system. I then conference that call (again with the Conference button) with the call I had on Line 1 so now all three parties are on the call, two real people and one Auto Attendant. Now here is the problem: No matter what I press on the number pad or what I press on the softphone number pad, nothing seems to register with the Auto Attendant. This is the same for both extension 101 and 102, it appears that when phone calls are conferenced together that external Auto Attendants don't recognize the DTMF (I don't know if the other system is a traditional analog PBX or another VOIP system) signals from the 3CX softphone.

I can duplicate this issue with any external number that has an Auto Attendant.

Does anyone else have this problem, if so, have you been able to resolve it somehow?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.