DTMF audio and Call Recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hnhmack, Dec 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hnhmack

Currently running v15 (SP1) and Polycom IP550 phones. When "record all calls" is enabled on any extension, outgoing DTMF signals from that extension are not received by remote auto attendants. As soon as recording is turned off, DTMF tones are received normally.

I have experimented with PBX Delivers audio, and different codec combinations for both the extension and SIP truck with no success. Any suggested solutions would be greatly appreciated.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We tested this internally as best we could with the given phone model but we could not get the same behavior.

Could you please provide some more information about the setup you have, like:
    • What is the firmware of the phone?
    • Which VoIP Provider or Gateway make are you using?
    • Do you have any other make/model phones exhibiting the same behavior (e.g. the 3CXPhone)?

3. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

also the pbx must be updated as we are already on SP4

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hnhmack

Just completed update to V15 - sp4. Same condition exists.

Experimented by calling outside cell phone and pressed buttons on Polycom phone extension to see if button sound could be heard on cellphone when extension was set to record. Sound does in fact pass through, but when extension is set to record all calls, the DTMF sound heard by called party is more gagged sounding - more like chirping. When recording is turned off DTMF tones are smooth and steady.

To answer your questions -
    I only have Polycom phones - IP 550's and IP 650"s. Various firmwares - mostly 4.0.11.0583, 4.0.10.0568, 4.0.7.2514.

SIP Trunk provider is Optimum/Cablevision.

Also I found that the same problems occur with 3CX Phone app on my Iphone when recording is enabled for the same extension (outgoing DTMF tones don't register with called party). This happens when connected to local wi-fi or when outside office using 3/4G.

The only other configuration setup that might be slightly out of the norm is that I use 2 network adapters in my 3CX Windows server. One adapter is on my primary LAN and configured accordingly. The other adapter is for my SIP trunk only. It is on a different sub-net and connected to an Edgewater 4550 network gateway provided by Optimum/Cablevision. Nothing else is on this sub-net. This configuration seems to provide slightly better voice quality for outgoing calls. Other than the above issue the system is rock solid - I'm very happy with it.

Thanks very much for helping.

Bill

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Could be ...DTMF method choice on the set(s), or (low bit rate?) Codec choice, if tones are attempting to pass as audio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.