• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF digit not recognized by destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbergsma

Reaction score
Using handset (spa942) can phone a certain business and dial a remote extension (press 2 for xxxx) -- works fine.
Using softphone - v3.1.6288.0 - same dialing - (press 2 for xxxx) remote system does not recognize the digit.
When I phone my cell from spa942 - and press 2 - it sounds normal.
When I phone my cell from softphone and press 2 - I hears beeeeeeeeep (very slight pause) beep

I am wondering if the destination system is hearing 22 instead of 2.

any thoughts?

Please specify the "border" device which delivers audio from soft phone to your mobile phone. Is it a PSTN gateway (specify model) or a VoIP provider (specify name)?

Thanks

Hi Stepan,

in both cases soft and hardphone, its a patton 4114, current rev (v5?)

does that help.

btw: i tried setting up 3cx with grandstream 4104 -- and after many days of frustration -- i stopped the project and gave up (grandstream never did return my calls)-- eventually, I thought that Patton 4114 received enough Kudo's that I would try it -- flawless.Strong recomendation for Patton. I'm very happy with 3cx. (and Patton).

On the softphone - -are people getting good enough quality to use it as a full time main phone? (I really want to sit at home, vpn to the office, and use softphone on the back porch and drink beer...)

cheers
Dean.
President:
Fairway Divorce Solutions

dbergsma said:
Hi Stepan,

in both cases soft and hardphone, its a patton 4114, current rev (v5?)

does that help.

btw: i tried setting up 3cx with grandstream 4104 -- and after many days of frustration -- i stopped the project and gave up (grandstream never did return my calls)-- eventually, I thought that Patton 4114 received enough Kudo's that I would try it -- flawless.Strong recomendation for Patton. I'm very happy with 3cx. (and Patton).

On the softphone - -are people getting good enough quality to use it as a full time main phone? (I really want to sit at home, vpn to the office, and use softphone on the back porch and drink beer...)

cheers
Dean.
President:
Fairway Divorce Solutions

Hi Dean,

Current version of 3CX phone may send a "slightly" malformed RTP packets for RFC2833 payload (this type of DTMF delivery is set by default in phone). As workaround, you can configure 3CX phone to use "INBAND" signal ("Advanced settings" button in "Connection settings" dalog).

Thanks a lot for your information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.