DTMF errors v15.5 SP1 /w Fanvil x6s fw8.8

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dan_tx, Aug 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

Main question, does anyone have a Fanvil x6s DTMF working over a sip provider ?

After upgrading to latest version, 15.5 sp1 and putting several Fanvil x6s on latest supported firmware 8.8, I'm getting reports from all users and with my own testing that DTMF tones are no longer transmitting properly over the primary SIP trunk (intelepeer).

DTMF (RFC2833 and In-Band) works when using a Fanvil 400 or the Windows softphone client. Neither work with the x6.

I've taken some wiresharks, but can't really see why it is not working besides it just being a bug maybe? When I look at the call flow in wireshark, I see it sending DTMF tones out to 3cx from the fanvil (pbx delivers audio) and also see it sending out to SIP provider. However the other end says that the numbers being entered are not valid. So It seems like the system is getting something, just not what is being input.

When I call a cell phone, I can hear the tones and they sound fine.

When I look at the working phone or softphone , the wireshark call flow looks the same from what I can tell.

Previously before the update to version and firmware, DTMF was working on the Fanvil x6s.

I've downgraded the firmware from 8.8 to 7.5 and some in between with no success.

2. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

Well I would say there is clearly an issue with the Fanvil x6 and 3cx. I was able to get DTMF tones to pass and be recognized properly by the other end's phone system. To do that I had to disable "PBX Delivers Audio" on the sip trunk and make sure the Fanvil is set to "In-Band".

With those two settings, the Fanvil x6 can transmit properly. What makes me think it's clearly a firmware/3cx issue is:
    1. The softphone client works with In-band or RFC2833 and with PBX Delivers Audio on or off the SIP Trunk.
    2. The Fanvil c400 works with in-band or RC and with PBX Delivers Audio on or off the SIP Trunk.

Would you guys agree or do you think I'm missing something?

3. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

It appears Fanvil or 3cx know there is a problem. After getting it to work I noticed I was on firmware 8.9 (latest I could find but not supported yet by 3cx). I downgraded to 8.8, and DTMF tones broke completely again. Went back to 8.9 and with just the right settings (inband and disable pbx delivers audio on the sip trunk) and now remote systems can understand the Fanvil x6.

Really like the phone, but hate how issues like this occur and there is a complete lack on Fanvil to provide a changelog with firmware and known issues. Unlike Yealink.

4. mtech1

Hi Dan,

We had the same issue with X6's and Gamma trunks here in the UK. I logged with 3cx support who were dismissive of this but I agree, its definetly an issue, and I belive spcific to the X6 handsets. My X4's are fine!

I have created custom template and changed the below value from 1 to 0

<DTMF_Mode>0</DTMF_Mode>

Be interested to see if it gets fixed in a later firmware. I would rather not use a custom template if I do not really need to.

dan_tx likes this.
  5. chin

dan_tx likes this.
  6. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.