DTMF in voip-to-voip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by open7, Jan 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open7

My system is:
    3CX v8
    Snom 870
    Spa3102
    voip (CallCentric)
    pstn

When I call thru the pstn line IVR DTMF works fine. When I call via the voip line, some time the receiving IVR system may not recognize the DTMF tones. I usually at that point dial out on the pstn line to make it work. Because I am using the same phone (snom) for both calls, I would assume that it is an issue with the 3CX system. Any thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

DTMF can be sent over VoIP a number of ways, generally, in-band or out-of-band. It sometimes requires "playing" with the DTMF settings of the device that the tones originate from. Unfortunately, there isn't a "one shoe fits all" solution.

3. open7

More info on this problem. It does appear to be related to the Snom 870. I also have a Snom M3 and I can use the keys on that phone to work the IVR system sucessfully, but not on the Snom 870. Strange thing is that if I use the Snom 870 going thru the gateway to the PSTN, I have no problems.

Anyone have any ideas on how to tweak the 870 for DTMF?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mbulles

I'm using grandstream 3000 and 3140 works fine with DTMF and mobotix camera, you have 3 possible options. Make sure you test accordingly and choose the one that works best in the grandstreams config.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

After my best knowing works RFV DTMF best for PSTN and SipInfo (or INband) for VoipProviders...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.