• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF Issue (I THINK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse2000

Reaction score
Hi,

We have a small but really annoying problem.
When our server was on version 11 our server was in our office and this worked fine, since we have upgraded to version 12 and relocated our server in a data center this issue will not work.

Extension 100 on our system is an VOIP intercom for our gates, when pressed from the outside all phones ring including 2 mobiles that are setup. Any phone can answer and speak both ways which is great. The problem is when the hash button is pressed the gates should release. If we press hash on any grandstream phone in our office which is connected by the proxy manager the gates release fine, when we press the hash on a mobile this does not work.
As stated above it worked before we move the server and upgraded.
I have tried loads of settings and I'm not at a brick wall.
Any help would be great.

Many thanks
Paul

Either the DTMF is not getting through at all, or the duration is just too short to be recognized by the gate. I'm assuming that the mobiles are not using the 3CX Phone and simply the mobile network. If that is the case, and call are going out over a VoIP provider, then the only DTMF settings to adjust, are at extension 100's ATA (I'm assuming it is an ATA). There may also be a "level" issue as well that could be corrected up to a point without introducing echo problems.

You could do some tests, and if possible, connect an analogue set to the ATA at extension 100, then listen to see if you can hear the # tone. You could then determine if it sounds distorted, too short or too low.

Have you tried changing the "PBX delivers audio" settings?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
It sounds like the tone is too short.
When i stand at the intercom and test this , soon as i press the hash button on the mobile i can hear a very short tone emitted from the intercom so i believe its too short.

Thanks

Unfortunately for some applications, most "electronic" DTMF pads will send only a short burst (and that can vary) of tones no matter how long the button is depressed. For a lot of devices, it is enough to be recognized, but obviously, not in all cases. Unless there is a specific DTMF "length" setting on the originating device, there is nothing to be done other than trying to boost the incoming level in the hopes that the short tone will be recognized.

The thing that gets me is it works fine from another extension by pressing hash, it's just the mobiles.

Because the working sets are VoIP to VoIP, there are other ways of handling DTMF other than just audio , which the mobile is limited to. The other sets may also de designed to send a longer burst. Place some test calls to see how noticeable the difference in tone is between the various sets.

Depending on the type of mobile you are using, there may be an App that could work for you...something like
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amknott.ToneGen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.