• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan.allison

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got some issues with a customer's Paxton door panel, which uses DTMF for an electronic door release. This was working fine for approximately 6 months but has recently stopped opening when sent the correct command.

This let to an investigation of the setup, a Wireshark Call flow shows DTMF is registering for the purposes of the IVR but not during active calls. I have tested internal, as well as external inbound and outbound calls and in all cases, using the keypad to send a DTMF tone causes the audio to go silent where I would expect to hear the DTMF tone with the audio

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Jordan

Attachments

• DTMF.PNG
    DTMF.PNG
    130.8 KB · Views: 14
From the capture you are showing it looks like the DTMF digit was sent. Dialed digit was 2.

Out of band RFC2833 sends DTMF digits outside the audio band which is why DTMF wasn't heard. Only inband DTMF can be heard as it sends the audio tones.

How is the Paxton hooked up? Is it using an ATA?

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Since you are running captures check if the endpoints negotiate a Telephone-Event in the SDP of the Invite and the 200 OK message. If both endpoints have it then DTMF signals are sent via RFC2833 (out-of-band) and you will not hear anything in the audio stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.