DTMF not pass to extention

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by liberars, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liberars

Hi, I have this problem:
    When a call is trasfer to a extentions the DTMF are disable.
    After that the call is trasfer, if the caller put a tone (1 or 2 or 3..) the 3cx not pass the tone at the extention
    (11:43:33.868 MediaServerReporting::DTMFhandler :[MS211000] C:140.1: 62.123.152.10:18132 is delivering DTMF using RTP payload (RFC2833). In-Band DTMF tone detection is disabled for this call segment.).
    Can I enable the tone also after the trasfer?
    I use my client sip for execute shell funtions.

Thanks
    Gianfranco

2. LORD ORION

I'd say use wireshark to see if the RTP events for the DTMF are not being forwarded to the extension first, to see which way to approach the problem.

Just look at "VOIP calls" in wireshark and "graph it". You should see the RFC2833 DTMF events from that graph if they are being forwarded.

3. liberars

I have already made this test, the packages I do not come transferred.
    I have found also the solution, in fact with my client I succeed to make to pass the tones, but if use other software or telephones the passage jams.
    I have tested other SIP server SER, Asterix, Axon, the problem is not occurred

Thanks
    Gianfranco

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Gianfranco,

PBX doesn't remove DTMFs from stream neither RFC2833 nor in-band. Log message above informs you that media server stops in-band DTMF detection procedure. It doesn't influence DTMF delivery.

By the way, how does your client handle DTMFs and which kind of delivery does it use?

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.