DTMF not recognized by called system

Discussion in 'Windows' started by rec24-hv, Nov 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rec24-hv

Hi, does anybody know the answer? ;)

Often you have to select options on service lines by typing a number on the keypad (number field in 3CXPhone). I run into the problem that these systems don't recognize this. Based on the tone I hear I thinks it's because of the frequency and/or the length 3CXPhone is sending.

Is this a common issue? Maybe it has regional reasons and it works in US but not in Europe / Germany?

Thanks for help ... Horst

PS: if there are any questions please feel free to aks!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of outgoing trunks are you using?

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also, there is another thing: what you hear - the touchtones - is just an audio feedback to you, not what is sent to the PBX.
    You will have to know what kind of DTMF the PBX accept (SIPINFO, INBAND or RFC2833) then set the 3CXPhone accordingly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rec24-hv

Hello,

thanks alot for your reply!

@leejor: The trunks used are:
    1. fixed line by German Telekom (via Mediatrix 4400)
    2. combined line (Internet, TV, phone) by cable-provider (KabelBW, Fritz!Box)
    The third wich will be used within the next months is a VOIP-trunk.

One Question @Vali_3CX: Where can I Switch between the three DTMF types in 3CXPhone? Then I can go through try & error (it's only three trys atleast).

Would be happy to get your feedback again.

Horst

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you use a fixed line (PSTN line) then you have a gateway to convert SIP to the PSTN line. The DTMF settings in this are what you want to check. As Vali mentioned, there are 3 (generally) choices. In the set you are using there should be the same 3 choices. Sometimes there is an "auto" mode as well. These methods will will occasionally go under different names depending on the devices maker.

You have to have the gateway using the same DTMF type as the set. The SIP message for each key press at the set is received by the gateway and a DTMF tone is regenerated then sent out on the line.

6. rec24-hv

Hi together,

thanks for the help about the different styles - that's it. Two tries and ... done. Again: thanks.

Kind regards ... Horst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.