Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DTMF not working in 3cx phone client 4.0.13336.0

Discussion in 'Windows' started by needle, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needle

hi guys,

I'm a new user so I don't know if DTMF were working with previous versions of 3cx phone client but they don't work with my version, it seems that the remote systems don't recognize properly the DTMF sent by 3cx phone client.

for example a few minutes ago I tried to enter a system that wanted me to input my credit card number but there was no way to succeed even if I tried several times.

is this a known issue? are some of you experiencing the same trouble?

thanks and regards.

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Needle
    Ask your remote system tech support which DTMF type it requires, then, in 3CXPhone, open Connection/Advanced Settings and check the proper type to see if it's working.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. needle

hi vali

it works now, I had to uncheck the INBAND and the SIPINFO options.

thanks a lot and regards.

4. gpsjeff717

I found that, by default, the 3CXPhone softphone enables ALL methods of DTMF support.
    This caused my DTMF problems too.

If I enable ONLY "Support RFC2833 DTMF" (and disable the other DTMF methods) then it works with ALL of my VoIP providers perfectly.

(I connect directly to my VoIP providers with the 3CXPhone softphone and do not use the 3CX IP-PBX phone system to connect to my VoIP providers.)

Regards,

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Jeff
    Thanks for your feedback. Exactly to avoid this issue, latest version of ver 4 and this new ver 5 enables, by default, only RFC2833 DTMF type, considered to be the most common used one. However, in case of different voip providers, the best thing is to ask them about preferred DTMF type and then set it accordingly.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. gpsjeff717

Thanks for your comments Vali.
    I look forward to upgrading to the Version 5 3CXPhone when it goes into production from beta.
    Any idea when that will happen?
    Regards,

7. pbcpbt

Where is that advanced settings button located?
    I have client 6.0.20943.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.