Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DTMF not working ver 10

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thereverend, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereverend

thereverend New Member

I have the latest version and release of the Ver 10 software but for some reason after i connect to a call the DTMF tones are not being sent to the other side. Can someone please tell me why this is? Also I have my server RE-boot every 24 hours as for some reason the voice mail keeps shutting itself down after about 1 week or so. Any thoughts about this and the DTMF problem?

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Did you do an upgrade or a new install?
    Sometimes things might get gummed up and a fresh install is needed.
    Also, to be sure, run the firewall checker. Those have a habit of stopping tones if not programmed properly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that this is on outgoing calls...but out on what, a VoIP provider, or a Gateway? If a Gateway, what type/make/model? If a VoIP provider, which one?

What operating system are you using?

4. JoshuaAce

Hi leejor,

I have such issue too. The DTMF tone was not being sent to the other side. I am using Grandstream gateway GXW-4104 with Grandstream phone GXP-2100 & GXP-2110. I had checked the firmware, it is the latest version (1.3.4.13)

Will you be able to help ?

Thanks

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

DTMF, through an analogue gateway generally relies on the same DTMF "Method" (type SIP messaging) being used at both ends, as the gateway re-generates the tones to send out on the line. There are a couple of methods available (going under several different names), I'm going to assume that the current settings, in both the sets and the gateway, don't match.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.