• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF not working ver 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

thereverend

Reaction score
I have the latest version and release of the Ver 10 software but for some reason after i connect to a call the DTMF tones are not being sent to the other side. Can someone please tell me why this is? Also I have my server RE-boot every 24 hours as for some reason the voice mail keeps shutting itself down after about 1 week or so. Any thoughts about this and the DTMF problem?

Did you do an upgrade or a new install?
Sometimes things might get gummed up and a fresh install is needed.
Also, to be sure, run the firewall checker. Those have a habit of stopping tones if not programmed properly.

thereverend said:
I have the latest version and release of the Ver 10 software but for some reason after i connect to a call the DTMF tones are not being sent to the other side.

I'm assuming that this is on outgoing calls...but out on what, a VoIP provider, or a Gateway? If a Gateway, what type/make/model? If a VoIP provider, which one?

thereverend said:
Also I have my server RE-boot every 24 hours as for some reason the voice mail keeps shutting itself down after about 1 week or so.

What operating system are you using?

Hi leejor,

I have such issue too. The DTMF tone was not being sent to the other side. I am using Grandstream gateway GXW-4104 with Grandstream phone GXP-2100 & GXP-2110. I had checked the firmware, it is the latest version (1.3.4.13)

Will you be able to help ?

Thanks

DTMF, through an analogue gateway generally relies on the same DTMF "Method" (type SIP messaging) being used at both ends, as the gateway re-generates the tones to send out on the line. There are a couple of methods available (going under several different names), I'm going to assume that the current settings, in both the sets and the gateway, don't match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.