DTMF on IVR not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by minnesota, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnesota

Hello. We are experiencing intermittent issues with customers selecting an option on the IVR. We only have two options: 1 and 2. When I call and listen to the prompts and select either option, nothing happens. It doesn't respond and then my call ends after the preset time I have set in the IVR.

Some customers are making it through fine but others are not and have tried 4 calls. I tried 3 times from my cellphone and haven't gotten it to work yet today. It is not happenings every call and we've made no major changes that might cause an issue. We're running v15 SP5 and also rebooted our Linux server as well. Firewall passes all checks.

Any ideas? Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What type of trunking are you using? If more than one type, is there any difference?
    If you dial into the IVR from a local extension, does it work correctly?

#2 leejor, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  3. minnesota

We use Vitelity for our incoming calls.

I tried dialing our IVR from 3CX app on my phone and it works fine using that. So far it's only calls from a normal cell phone line for example. It still doesn't work with my cellphone line this evening.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@minnesota

I have sent you a p.m to send me some files so we can take a better look at your issue.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Probably something in conjunction with the short duration DTMF tones sent from a mobile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.