• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF Problems on Snom D3X5 since 15.5.5 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP!

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

we are facing problems with DTMF since the last Update. DTMF stops working on several
of our SNOM phones. In my oppinion there is no pattern which are working and which are not.
All the phones are on firmware version 8.9.3.66 and the 3cx template.

Any hints how to debug this?

Regards,
Rafael.

Hello @RP!

To troubleshoot the issue you will need to capture a call using wireshark. That way you will able to see what is sent by the phone and probably what the issue is. Are DTMF tones not working on internal or external calls? Also are the phones local or remote?

Hello,

i will capture a call with tcpdump to see what's happening.
The Problem is on external calls with local phones.

Best regards,
Rafael.

Hello,

i've attached a zip-archive with two .pcap files - one with working dtmf and one without.
I can't find a difference ...

Regards,
Rafael.

Hello @RP!

I deleted the attachments as wireshark captures contain sensitive information and should not be posted in the public forum.
Having said that i was not able to find anything wrong in the capture as there was nothing arriving to the PBX from the phone.
In the first capture i could see DTMF tones being transmitted but not in the second one.
You could try disabling the SRTP on the phones and see if that makes a difference. You could also try running a capture form the phone to see if DTMF is being sent from the phone and it is blocked along the route or if no DTMF tones are being generated from the phone.

Hello,

I opened a supportcase at snom, because i thought it's an firmware issue. The strange thing is, they told me it's an unstable version and there is no support for the 8.9.3.66. They told me i have to downgrade to 8.9.3.60 (latest stable). I did that on one phone and i guess the problem is fixed (atm i'm not sure for 100%, but it looks good). But now the 3cx shows "unsupported firmware version" for that phone.

What's next?

Best regards,
Rafael.

We are using firmware 8.9.3.66 and had no reports of DTMF issues on Snom phones. Please make sure that your issue is resolved with firmware 8.9.3.60 and we can take it from there

Hello,

downgrade to 8.9.3.60 will not fix the problem. I'm still in touch with snom.
I'll keep you up-to-date.

Regards,
Rafael.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.