Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DTMF to dial extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Grooverider, Nov 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grooverider

Ok, this may be a really silly question but how does a caller use DTMF to connect direct to an extension in 3CX? It's something I've never used before and I want to include it in a digital receptionist prompt but I've no idea how to do it

Cheers in advance for your help guys

G

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is from page 58 of the Version 12 Manual..

" Whilst a digital receptionist prompt is playing, a caller can enter the extension number directly to
    be connected to an extension immediately"

http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual12.pdf

3. Grooverider

I guess i can incorporate that info into my announcement. Was hoping there was a way of saying "press 1 to call an extension" then allow the caller to dial an extension and press # to be connected for example.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most companies do something along the line of....... Thank you for calling ABC corporation, if you know your parties extension, you can dial it at any time, otherwise, press 1 for sales, 2 for shipping... or just stay on the line to be connected to an operator....etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.