DTMF to extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcgaryt, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcgaryt

I am trying to send DTMF tones to a certain extension. Here is the "set up" I have a 3CX PBX (has both SIP trunks and POtS trunks) which has regular extensions (i.e. SIP telephones), I also have ATA s(Grandstream 4004 & 4008) that pass telephone calls to POTS phones, including a ZetaFax Sever. The ZetaFax sever (two lines) listens, in band, for DTMF singaling as a way to route faxes to the appropriate end user. I am trying to see if there is a way to pass the "Called Number" SIP field via DTMF to the two ZetaFax "extensions"? Any ideas out there? I have looked at the setup fields for extenstions and see no setup option to allow this. I have already checked with several ATA manufactures to see if any support this without 3CX settings,but none apparently do. I tried the faxsever included with 3CX and needless to say T.38 is a dicey "standard" at best. Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How would this work with an analogue PBX or just some incoming POTS lines? What would be sending the DTMF tones to the Fax server then? Are the DTMF tones a replacement for caller ID?

3. mcgaryt

I had this working with an analog PBX before. No the DTMF does not replace caller it is designend to replace "Called ID." On the old analog sysytem (Televantage) it would listen for the fax server to answer, and then in a few seconds (or less) it would play the DID number of the called number to route the fax. Thanks

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't think of anything offhand that would take caller ID info, SIP or otherwise, and turn it into DTMF. It sound like a good project for someone with some time on their hands but I'm not sure if there us a commercial product out there. I could be wrong though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.