• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DTMF tones during a Conference call?

Is it possible to transmit DTMF tones from within a conference?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Do not know

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor Forrest

Reaction score
Hello,

When we try to setup a conference call, the DTMF tones do not transfer out to the additional called party.
i am creating the conference and trying to add an 800 number for example. is this supposed to work in this way or is the only way to do it to call the 800 number first, then add the other calls, or call each number individually, get through the menus, and then join them? if so, can the call be branched off after the fact to transmit additional DTMF signals if needed?

Thanks,
Trevor

Came across this parameter the other day, not certain if it has anything to do wtih your issue, but you might check to see how it is set in your system. It may also have something to do with the DTMF Method that the set is using.

Allows Media server to distribute recognized in-band DTMF as RFC2833 to other participants of the call Options are 1=on, or 0=off, default is 1

Came across this parameter the other day, not certain if it has anything to do wtih your issue, but you might check to see how it is set in your system. It may also have something to do with the DTMF Method that the set is using.

Allows Media server to distribute recognized in-band DTMF as RFC2833 to other participants of the call Options are 1=on, or 0=off, default is 1

thanks leejor, I will try it again, but that parameter is already set to 1. since the DTMF tones work when dialing directly and not in a conference, i do not think it is the DTMF method.

How are you creating the conference? Are you scheduling it or do you call each number and then add them into the conference? Are you trying to send DTMF tones whine the conference is in progress?

Are you on a 'speaker mode' when doing this?

How are you creating the conference? Are you scheduling it or do you call each number and then add them into the conference? Are you trying to send DTMF tones whine the conference is in progress?

I am treating it like a 3 way call. let's say i am on a call with someone and they need their IT guy on the line. I convert to conference, then "add" a number. that person is at a 800 number with a phone tree to navigate to get to them and has no DID for themselves. i am doing this with the 3cx client interface. yes, while in progress i assume since i am doing it from the conference interface.

is there another way? like placing my presence in a conference on hold, making the call and getting the person on the line, then dropping them into the conference once they are on the line?

Are you on a 'speaker mode' when doing this?

not sure what you mean by "speaker mode" so i am going to go with no. i havent noticed anything "special" about my presence in the conference via the 3cx conference management screen that could denote "speaker mode", however i created the conference so perhaps. i do not know.

To be able to use DTMF you will need to open another line call the person behind the 800 number and then add them into the conference. While in a conference call you cannot send DTMF tones.

To be able to use DTMF you will need to open another line call the person behind the 800 number and then add them into the conference. While in a conference call you cannot send DTMF tones.
okay thank you very much.

I can add people in the conference and go through an Ivr... I just had to change the dtmf method used to provision my 3cx client (like leejor said)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yparker0320
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.