Dummy extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donbru01, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi at all , i have this question , 3CX V11 phone GXP2100

DDI incoming call to xxxxxxxxx , this number i must mapped to specific Button , where when i have incoming call it blinking and ring to more phone , any phone can pickup call .
    On old pBX we have configurated dummy extension and we have create call-pick up to extension .
    On 3cx i cannot create a dummy extension ?

2. layton

I haven't done anything with dummy extensions - but for the setup you describe, it sounds like you need multiple users to be able to answer this DID and they need to know the incoming call is for this DID (perhaps to answer differently, etc.).

Why not just create a new ring group with a group title that indicates its for this DID? Then under Settings -> General -> Global Options enable the option for "Add Queue, Group and DID Names to Caller ID"

Add the extensions you want to this ring group. When a call comes into this DID, the extensions in the ring group will ring - and while the call won't ring to a specific button, the caller ID will indicate it is a call for the DID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

this call had max priority for answer , extension that must answer at this call are in two ring group for diversification incoming call , for this specific call customer want mandatory blinking led for undestood what call is !
    if i use ring group or acd group , this incoming call is not priority....

4. layton

I'm not quite grasping why using a Ring Group wouldn't be priority but a flashing BLF on the phone would be? If you name your DID "PRIORITY!" and prepend DID name to caller ID, when the call comes in the users in that ring group would see caller ID on their phone for "PRIORITY! " followed by caller ID. Granted, it isn't a dedicated key - but a dedicated key isn't the only way to communicate priority . . . now if users just simply flat out refuse to change the way they work, that's an entirely different issue.

When it comes to using a dummy extension, the challenge you have is that 3CX detects whether or not there is a device registered to an extension. If an extension is unregistered, 3CX does not provide an option to ring that extension anyway - only where to send calls for that extension (voicemail / external number / cell phone / ring group / auto-attendant / extension). So if you absolutely positively cannot live and your business will fail without a dedicated BLF key ;) your only workaround that I can see is to buy another phone, configure it for your dummy extension, turn the ringer volume all the way down and hide it somewhere (e.g. wiring closet). Then incoming calls for that DID will ring that phone, which your BLF keys on the other phones will detect & flash and allow users to pickup that extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

3 call at same time , first ring grp1 second ring grp 2 , and last ring grp priority extension cannot select what ring grp answer only first ring grp that incoming call. I haven t problem to see what grp ring but i must answer always to priority call.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Use a set that has multiple line key appearances. Make one key an extension that is a member of the "priority" ring group. It could even be the same extension number on a key on every set doing away with a ring group altogether. When this line key rings, then it's a call that is a priority. It's then up to your employees to answer it ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.