duplicate extension registration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by brianp, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianp

we recently upgraded to v8 of the 3cx phone system and love it. Thank you 3CX! All users are external and we use the 3cx Assistant and v 4.0.9878 softphone...all connected via Tunnel. Phone system running on win server 2003 box.

Today we just had a really weird thing happen...in the 3cx mgmt console, under the "Phones" node, i noticed 1 extension had 60+ registrations and the list continued to grow by 1 about every 20 seconds. All other users only had 1 registration. When i looked at the Extension Status node in the console the bad extension continued to turn red and then green. It was like the software phone/assistant was confused and kept trying to re-register with the PBX. I had the user with the bad extension reboot their machine and that helped the re-registration problem (the list stopped growing), but all the other duplicate registrations were still listed under the Phones node. I then restarted the Phone system services and that didn't remove them. I actually had to reboot the box running the phone system. All extensions are working fine now (no duplicates). Has anyone else run into this? Is there anyway I can lock down the server so only 1 softphone/assistant can register at a time? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2. jugganutz

I have something similar but not registering every 20 seconds, what i'm seeing from what i can tell is if the ip address changes or the phone is not shutdown properly then it leaves the phone registered. So then the phone system thinks phones are registered still but they are not. I haven't found an issue as to why yet just that if maybe something is not shutdown right then it will stick.

3. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

What is the problem?
    What kind of malfunction are you meeting in this case?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jugganutz

[​IMG]

See how i get duplicates in the phones list. There all just 1 phone but the ip address is changing and or they just shutdown or there is a power outage. Or a computer crashes running a softphone, So it won't cleanly disconnect the session. That is my belief... so when its like that say if someone tries to call when the phone isn't registered in the caller just gets silence because the phone system thinks a user is there for the extension. I see it in the call logs as well the caller gets put into a loop of sorts. The only way to clear the list is reboot the phone system.

I hope that makes sense.

5. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

If your phone works in unstable environment then configure it to make registration for a shorter period. (few minutes)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jugganutz

That makes sense... I will have to give it a try. Thanks SY!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.