Solved Duplicate Grandstream Phones Showing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by HRMNY, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HRMNY

Server is cloud hosted, and all the phones (GXP2170) are Direct SIP (STUN-remote) on the same LAN. All the phones had been upgraded to the current supported firmware version from 3CX, and factory reset prior to provisioning.

H

Attached Files:

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

did you try deleting one of them? or both of them and rebooting phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HRMNY

I have tried deleting the phones from 3CX and factory resetting. Once provisioned again, same result. Rebooting does not fix the duplicates either. If I unplug a phone with duplicate entries, both with disappear after a few minutes. If I plug the phone in again, both with reappear.

EDIT: I also have 3 Yealink phones on the same LAN as the Grandstream phones, but no duplicates.

H

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @HRMNY

Are the IPs of the phones also appear identical in the management console? Also what version PBX are you running?
    Do the affected extensions run a 3CX client or webclient also?

5. HRMNY

Yes. All the phones are showing the same public IP address.
    Standard 15.5.9348.3
    No 3CX client or webclient.

EDIT: 1 of the 4 phones is now not showing a duplicate. So now I see 3 sets of duplicates and 1 normal.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Phones appear in the phones tab when they are registered. Having duplicate entries would mean that you probably have double registrations coming from the same phone. Is there only one account provisioned on the phone? Can you login to the phones web interface and check if only one account is registered on them?

7. HRMNY

Only one account per phone. Standard 3CX Templates. Used RPS to provision.

Attached Files:

8. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Does each phone have a unique SIP port or do all phones in the remote site have the same port under each extensions phone provisioning tab?
    Each phone should have a unique SIP port for registering and signalling. The same applies for RTP port as each phone should have a unique set of RTP ports. Those ports then need to be forwarded to the local IP of the phone on the Firewall of the remote site.
    https://www.3cx.com/3cxacademy/videos/intermediate/configuring-remote-extensions/

HRMNY likes this.
  9. HRMNY

The Grandstream phones had overlapping ports with the Yealink phones on the same LAN. I've since renumbered the ports for all the phones to fix this.

Thanks for the help.

H

10. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to see the issue has been resolved and thank you for updating the thread with your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.