• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Duplicate Mail Notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhpadmin

Customer
Reaction score
Recently, we have noticed that when we miss a call from an external number, we are receiving 2 missed mail notifications in our email.
Wonder if anyone would have an idea why this might be happening.
We have changed no settings at all.

How you handle the incoming call -- call queue, ring group, DID to extension, you may have different scenarios and have activated missed call notifications in different places. For example you may have notification for missed call in the queue, overflow to extension and again for missed call to this extension. Otherwise the missed calls in the queue will not trigger missed call notification per extension.

I have had similar issues reported from a customer also, they are getting several emails sent for an extension with an IP handset, Windows client and Smartphone App.

I have a similar setup myself and do not experience such issues so it is hard to say whether this behavior is due to a configuration, bug or by design.

My thoughts are that you should only get one email notification per extension regardless of how many endpoints are registered to it.

I have suggested attempting a change of mail server to 3CX's in-built server as a test to see if it solves anything. Still waiting on a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.