Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dynamic audio names

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by SWSDEV, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

One really important feature is the need to play audio based on dynamic file names.

This is huge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, this is definitively on the top of the features list to be implemented, but I'm not sure when it will be ready... The change for that is really big...

3. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

Where does the challenge lie in making this work? At design time or runtime?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SWSDEV

SWSDEV Member

I guess a more helpful question for now (until dynamic audio file names are possible) that helps with a partial work around, is when I save an audio file over the .wav file that is setup to be played back in the IVR, how can I be sure that the audio file is refreshed. I have seen it still play the old audio, even when I overwrite the file (and I've made sure the file closes in my code component). Is this related to needing a separate postback on the aspx page? or anything else? I can't remember right now but I seem to recall it worked in a different scenario than I'm doing right now, which is a continuous loop to overwrite it each time through the loop, 2 - 10 times.

5. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

In order to implement this feature we need to make changes to the UI and compiler of many components, like Prompt Playback, User Input, Record, etc. All the components that allow configuring audio files.

Also, when you use a Prompt Playback component for example, the VAD compiler in release mode currently generates a single VXML file, without the ASPX pair. In order to use the results of expressions we need a ASPX file in front, so the compiler needs to do a very different job than what it's doing right now.

Of course this is something that needs to be done, very very useful in my opinion. But it has not been addressed yet because the change is not minor.

In regards to the problem described, I guess it's something related to the caching done by the IVR that interprets the VXML. Maybe something you may try is changing some cache control parameters in the file "C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Cfg\3CXIvr.cfg":
    client.inet.cacheTotalSizeMB VXIInteger 0
    client.inet.cacheEntryMaxSizeMB VXIInteger 0
    client.inet.cacheEntryExpTimeSec VXIInteger 0

I think (not 100% sure) that the value 0 means infinite there. So if you set for example:
    client.inet.cacheEntryExpTimeSec VXIInteger 1

maybe you're setting the cache to 1 second and the audio file is reloaded. To be honest, I'm not sure if audio files caching are controlled by those settings, but it's a hint that I think you could try. I think you will have to restart the IVR Server to reload that configuration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.